Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

A Few Good Men Gathering at Bovington Tankfest 2019

Here's an idea -- always wanted to attend Tankfest at the Bovington Tank Museum -- was making plans in 2008 and an economic meltdown and real life got in the way -- I don't have bucket list, but seeing that Tiger 131 in action would be on it.
Could we rustle up a bunch of FGM'ers for a weekend at Tankfest 2019 -- June 28 - 30th :cheerso: -- it should be a short hop for our Brit & European FGM contingent? (...and we have a lot of time to make plans.)
(I'd hitch on a London and Paris trip with the good wife afterwards to justify the cost of overseas travel)

https://www.tankmuseum.org/whats-on/events/bovevt65567?source=facebook?tfremarketing

tankfest.jpg

Sounds like a plan - I'm sure Mrs T and the girls could be convinced....

Edit: my wife said -> geh nur (sure, honey go, no problem) - Are you guys buying single day tickets, 2 days or 3 day tickets?

I would like going to England then do some other stuff in Europe afterwards with the wife. I just don't want to go to all the "Touresty" stuff. I was hoping some of the FGM may point us in the right direction. After the Tankfest thing.

I would like going to England then do some other stuff in Europe afterwards with the wife. I just don't want to go to all the "Touresty" stuff. I was hoping some of the FGM may point us in the right direction. After the Tankfest thing.

By "Touresty" I assume you mean London. There are lots of other cities worth visiting. Also check out the National Trust and English Heritage (Cadw in Wales) for countless stately homes, gardens, castles etc etc.

Wales is nice and not too crowded - lots of great castles if you like that thing.

The Lake District if you er like lakes! Plus country walks and pubs.

The South East can be combined with London - lots of history such as the battle of Hastings (and no he didn't get an arrow in the eye) etc.

Scotland.

From London you can get a train to Paris in just over 2 hrs.

I'm in if I can make it.

I may even arrive riding something that has an engine (Boxer) derived from a design originally introduced in 1896...............

Affectionately known as......
Das hässliche Entlein (the ugly duckling)

IMG_0049-XL.jpg

Just figured out that I've owned five machines with boxer engines, guess I like the way they roll.

Steve

My old 1100 RT........same engine as in my current steed, but this is over 100kg heavier.
Even so, it could hussle along surprisingly well due to the areodynamic shape .......it would do 125 mph with full luggage and a pillion and be rock solid........I coverered 65k on it.

IMG_2562.jpg

1150 GS.......what a bike........just a bit too tall and heavy, but the handling was brilliant........ that's my eldest son, now 28 with a 2 yr old daughter of his own
All three of my boys have been on bikes with me.

BIKE_01.jpg

BIKE_02.jpg

The Panzer........1200RT .........another cracking machine, parked up here opposite the church in Swinbrook.

ThePanzercoolsoff010Medium%5B1%5D.jpg

Steve

Last edited:
I would like going to England then do some other stuff in Europe afterwards with the wife. I just don't want to go to all the "Touresty" stuff.

Amsterdam is (over)crowded. Too many tourists. If you must visit, then try to wander through the streets in the (early) morning.

Back