Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

A question on AT mines

F

Falke88

Hey guys!

I use AT mines for my current battle but well - either the enemy is very lucky or I do misunderstand the concept of the in game placement.

When there is a sign - I actually thought there would be a specific area of mines.
For now it more seems that 1 Mines-Sign represents 1 Mine. Please don't tell me this is true. Because then I played my minefield totally useless.

Greets
Charlie

From my experience mine field means mine field, it stays there until removed by enginners etc, rarley killing vehicles but will continue to be a high risk to disabling any vehicle that attempts to move through, and unless desperate i would think most players would not take that risk again

I have similar bad luck with mines. Placed some on choke points in last two games and enemy tanks just drove over them...

Though I am sure other people will say they have won games with them.

Just down to a bit of luck (or not).

Ever seen a movie or two with guys running through a mine field, some make it some don't...bad luck for the guy that gets blown up good luck for the guy that don't..Same deal here i reckon

From recent experience on roads:

1. German half tracks and their passengers die. Two from two.
2. One Tiger tank was immobilised.

Can engineers remove mines...I guess I didn't know that.

Engineers can mark mines by SLOW movement into the action square where they are located. I think their actions say "marking" when they do it. It can take 2-5 minutes. When done, the minefield sign turns green and pixeltruppen can MOVE or SLOW safely through them on subsequent turns.

Engineers can mark mines by SLOW movement into the action square where they are located. I think their actions say "marking" when they do it. It can take 2-5 minutes. When done, the minefield sign turns green and pixeltruppen can MOVE or SLOW safely through them on subsequent turns.

Im pretty sure Pioneers can blow them up...never tried it but im sure i read it somewhere

I was trying to find that in the manual, but never did. I did not know that

I have marked mines several times in games. I have never been able to remove them, and I think that is not possible.
Yeah, thats what i was thinking. Even regular infantry will "Mark" them after a few get blown up. Maybe engineers can "Mark" them without getting blown up but I didn't know they would remove them or make less dangerous.

Yeah, thats what i was thinking. Even regular infantry will "Mark" them after a few get blown up. Maybe engineers can "Mark" them without getting blown up but I didn't know they would remove them or make less dangerous.

When you use engineers, there is actually a “mark mines” command that pops up when you are in the vicinity of a minefield.

As far as I know minefields never cease to exist but the chance of a mine being triggered can be lowered by infantry or vehicles triggering mines or HE blowing the mines up. This simulates the mines being depleted from the mined area.
Though the minefield exist, units have better chances of making through the field safely.

I once drove three Shermans through a chokepoint with anti-personnel mines. The tanks detonated good chunk of the mines allowing me to rush infantry through the minefield with just a couple casualties.

Well then he is just some lucky nut :D thanks

That would be very correct. My one Sherman on the right flank drove over or very near 2 landmines and they never off. Then my armoured car on the left flank had the same but it didn't go off. I guess the snow really helped to protect me there.

Can anybody verify here that snow does lower the AT mine effects?

@Falke88

Sorry but I don't think that snow helps to stop mines, Im saying that I got really lucky in our game.

It's very possible for a vehicle to drive straight through an AT minefield without setting off any mines. It's just a game of luck.

In a recent game, I drove a couple of halftracks and also several tanks through one, never realising it was there.

But, of course, once the last halftrack arrived (you know, the one that was driving last in the convoy to keep it safe because the commander was in there), my luck ran out..

Back