Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Afghanistan 2001 - Present

Thought that was a Fennek, too much CMSF time I suppose. I served in the 2nd ID, 3rd Brigade, US Army. I was injured before we deployed, probably the largest disappointment ever in my life. However, my unit deployed as part of the surge in Iraq, and suffered heavy casualties from IEDs, ambushes, and the like. There is a decent chance I wouldn't have met my wife, had my wonderful twins, or even be alive at this time.

Yes its a Fennek indeed. When I was stationed overthere all the Yanks drooled when we rolled by and went into combat.

I'm sorry that you did not went to Iraq with your buddies and that they took so much casualties. And you never know what would have happend if you did went.

Strange how life works out, but I would like to say thank you to all those who serve their nations in the worldwide fight against terror organizations, keeping all free nations free!!!

I appreciate this dude! I wish more people did... :yell:

@ Dutch Grenadier
Yup, i was with Wonju (2nd platoon) and knew Mark indeed. He was a really good bloke.

43? :p nah mate, 103! BOREEL! ;)
But I take it since 2007 out the service?

@ Dutch Grenadier
Yup, i was with Wonju (2nd platoon) and knew Mark indeed. He was a really good bloke.

43? :p nah mate, 103! BOREEL! ;)
But I take it since 2007 out the service?

BOREEL! Yeah I quit the army after Afghanistan. Went to the police.

Mark was a good bloke indeed. :rip:

Well I know from my own experience and deployment that I may not ask his unit and base. Although I'm curious.

When is he returing home?

Yeah my brother got back from his tour a few months back.... everyday my thoughts were with him so I know what your feeling Walt.

Nothing in my 60 years of existence has scared me worse then this.....and I am not the one thats over there.

If all goes well ( and I refuse to contemplate otherwise ) Dave will be home in 5 months.

Nothing in my 60 years of existence has scared me worse then this.....and I am not the one thats over there.

Yeah my parents are still scared and always say that of all my deployments the one to Afghanistan was the worst. My mom even complained to me a few days ago that she would hate it if I go on another deployment... Wich would be weird since I left the army 4 years ago and became a police officer.

If all goes well ( and I refuse to contemplate otherwise ) Dave will be home in 5 months.

I'm not a religious men but I hope the One will keep Dave save.

16.jpg

Mineclearing, Afgh 2004
MineclearAfgh2004.jpg

Interesting..

The vehicles pictured above look like Casspir Mechem mine clearing model made in South Africa.

The red writing on the hull 'Vati Kaki' is Afrikaans and means : (we) dont take shit (from anyone)

Sgt. Tim Martin, an infantryman with Headquarters and Headquarters Company of the 1st Battalion, 17th Infantry Regiment, 2nd Infantry Division, shows evidence of the long journey after returning from Operation Buffalo Thunder II at Forward Operating Base Spin Boldak, Afghanistan, July 2, 2012.
ALANA_zps6df843e4.jpg

Back