Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Agent Orange spraying missions in RVN 1961-1971

Thanks Facman. my dad was over there during Tet, was a USAF F-100 pilot who ended up attached to the USA flying FO missions in an O1E Bird Dog out of an Army base....he is now in his 70's with Parkinson's Symptoms which they believe to be caused by exposure to Agent Orange. I'll pass this article along to him...much appreciated...

HOA_KSOP

with Parkinson's Symptoms which they believe to be caused by exposure to Agent Orange.

The Institute of Medicine of the National Academy concluded in its report "Veterans and Agent Orange: Update 2008" released July 24, 2009, that there is "suggestive but limited evidence that exposure to Agent Orange and other herbicides used during the Vietnam War is associated with an increased chance of developing Parkinson’s disease."

As a result, VA recognized Parkinson’s disease as associated with exposure to Agent Orange or other herbicides during military service. VA's final regulation recognizing this association took effect on October 30, 2010.
http://www.publichealth.va.gov/exposures/agentorange/conditions/parkinsonsdisease.asp

If your Da was stationed in RVN during his service, he would be automatically included in the group of Veterans presumed to have been exposed to Agent Orange. At which point that link above should be all you need to get started with a VA claim. If not just PM me and I'll see what aid I might be of knowledge to.

Back