FGM OWNER
ADMIN
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
greershane@gmail.com
Ok so I havent done much building since Amelia arrived nearly 6 years ago but I've recently been clambering round in my attic and started to gradually bring my kit down and so tonight I decided to start up again with something easy. Im not too much into building vehicles and whatnot but I do enjoy building 1/35 figures so I cracked open this box of Iraqi insurgents and started to build them.

Bootie

FGM OWNER
ADMIN
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
greershane@gmail.com
I had totally forgot how therapeutic model building is.... an hour passed in a flash and I had my men pretty much all glued. They are from a company called Master Box Ltd from Ukraine. I cant even remember where I bought mine from but it was in one fo the large cardboard boxes of model kit in the attic. Needless to say the build quality is average with mould seams visible and a lot of filing and clipping required to remove that straight line down the middle of their bodies and the like.

So this is what I ended up with.

Tomorrow I will be doing the undercoat and looking to build a scene.. any ideas on how to build an Iraqi wall? :)

Badger73

FGM SITE OVERSEER
ADMIN
Turn Rate
1-2 pw
Games
None.
Email
mvangroll@msn.com
<snipped>
Tomorrow I will be doing the undercoat and looking to build a scene.. any ideas on how to build an Iraqi wall? :)
Give styrofoam and spackling compound a try. It's a bit messy so you'll need an out of the way workbench. I remember hunting and pecking through electronic devices packing materials for styrofoam. A good hardware store should carry spackling compounds.

Bootie

FGM OWNER
ADMIN
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
greershane@gmail.com
So on the modelling front today I gave the 4 figures a watery flat white covering as an undercoat and then started roughly on the base blocks of colour. Also found some modelling plaster to have a go at building an Iraqi wall. Thats gonna be fun.

Snap 2017-11-26 at 20.19.10.png Snap 2017-11-26 at 20.19.25.png Snap 2017-11-26 at 20.19.44.png

MOS:96B2P

FGM Sergeant
Building 1/35 scale military scenes is very cool. I haven't built models since high school but it brings back fond memories.

Rico

FGM Brigadier
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
ricoschacherl@gmail.com
This looks like fun ... haven't tried my hand at building model,kits in decades... maybe should pick one up for the holidays :)