Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Alexander's Successors: Wars of the Diadochi - FGM Field of Glory II Campaign (NEW)

In the works, the campaign of Alexander the Great's Successor's struggle over his empire -- nearly ready to rock 'n roll, map nearly completed ... with basically a slightly updated and refined version of same rule sets as the just about completed Roman Civil Wars campaign.
As with previous campaign ... it's more an excuse to have fun and play LOTS of FOG II battles than serious campaigning :D

LDpoDjq.jpg

Four factions -- took some liberties to adjust for more balanced and fun ampaign (hopefully)

BLUE: The Macedonian Kingdom (combined the Thracian and Macedonian kingdomes of Lysimachus and Cassander for ease of game play0

RED: The Kingdom of Antigonus (who died early in the historical campaigns -- see if this time it survives longer) -- also will have toughest time, being stuck in the middle...

YELLOW: The Ptolomeic Kingdom of Egypt

GREEN: The Seleucid Empire controlling most of the heartland of the old Persian empire.

We'll soon be ready for player signups ... all the old crew welcome, plus any new players to the game... @mTk for instance?

We'll need 4 faction leaders and at least one additional general... I can step in as well if needed ... might play the Barbarian raiders and Indian kingdoms on eastern flank again ... but they play less of a roll in this campaign, than in Roman one.

@Wellsonian @enigma6584 @Nelson1812 @Nathangun @Badger73 @Bootie @Mad Mike @mcmortison

Last edited:
Immortal Fire indeed. See FOGII DLC

Primary Era and Region – rise of the Phalanx, Persian Wars, Alexander the Great and his Successors in Greece, North Africa and Asia Minor.
  • New Factions - Achaemenid Persians, Etruscans, Antigonos, Lysimachos, Spartans, Latins, Lydians, Kyrenean Greeks, Thessalian Greeks.
  • Army Lists – 30 additional with 10 new unit types such as Macedonian Promodroi and Persian Immortals.
  • Historical Campaigns -Xenophon, Philip of Macedon, Seleukos I Nikator, Seven Hills of Rome.
  • Historical Battles - Thymbra 547 BC, Marathon 490 BC, Plataea 479 BC, Cunaxa 401 BC, Chaironeia 338 BC, Granikos 334 BC, Issos 333 BC, Gaugamela 331 BC, Hydaspes 326 BC, Raphia 217 BC.
  • Game Changers – Roman auto deployment areas widened for large battles, bows on higher ground now shoot over friendly units, close order Warbands no longer receive +1 Cohesion Test modifier for being heavy infantry.
"If you are a fan of one of the greatest military commanders in history, Alexander the Great, with infantry heavy Greek Phalanxes transitioning to the combined arms warfare of the Macedonian army at the pinnacle of conquest. This makes the DLC popular with gamers who enjoy a variety in the types of armies they can command, especially those curious as to what really would have happened if Legion met Alexander in combat. Besides, the sight of a Macedonian Phalanx with its 25-foot Sarissas is drop dead awe inspiring, especially as your pike pinned opponent gets hit in the flank and rear by Companion heavy horse."

In the works, the campaign of Alexander the Great's Successor's struggle over his empire -- nearly ready to rock 'n roll, map nearly completed ... with basically a slightly updated and refined version of same rule sets as the just about completed Roman Civil Wars campaign.
As with previous campaign ... it's more an excuse to have fun and play LOTS of FOG II battles than serious campaigning :D

LDpoDjq.jpg

Four factions -- took some liberties to adjust for more balanced and fun ampaign (hopefully)

BLUE: The Macedonian Kingdom (combined the Thracian and Macedonian kingdomes of Lysimachus and Cassander for ease of game play0

RED: The Kingdom of Antigonus (who died early in the historical campaigns -- see if this time it survives longer) -- also will have toughest time, being stuck in the middle...

YELLOW: The Ptolomeic Kingdom of Egypt

GREEN: The Seleucid Empire controlling most of the heartland of the old Persian empire.

We'll soon be ready for player signups ... all the old crew welcome, plus any new players to the game... @mTk for instance?

We'll need 4 faction leaders and at least one additional general... I can step in as well if needed ... might play the Barbarian raiders and Indian kingdoms on eastern flank again ... but they play less of a roll in this campaign, than in Roman one.

@Wellsonian @enigma6584 @Nelson1812 @Nathangun @Badger73 @Bootie @Mad Mike @mcmortison
I'd sure like in on this action if there is a place for me. :)

@Rico - Sign me up, laddie. As Site Overseer, I will not lead a faction. What does the additional general do? I might be interested in that kind of role.

More refinements in the works...

WhATPWA.jpg

This time round the Province strength level determines how many points you get for it (all home provinces start at level 2)
For game balance reasons, SYRIA is a unoccupied lynch pin province up for grabs by first comers.

Armies and fleets need to be maintained (points automatically deducted), and there are EIGHT possible actions you can spend ACTION POINTS on. (see table on map)

AS GM I'll do the accounting at start of each turn... there'll be a status card for each faction added to bottom of the map.

Each FACTION will begin the campaign with FOUR provinces worth 2 points each, with garrisons in place, and SEVEN action points to start with, and ONE army at start.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In example above, YELLOW (Ptolomeic) faction has control of FOUR provinces generating income 2 points each Libya (need to change that spelling on map), Egypt, Judea and Cyprus.
There is one fleet deployed in The Levant, and one army each in Egypt, Cyprus and Judea (this army is disorganised as indicated by red X on counter)

Total income: 8

Deduction for maintaining 1 fleet and three armies: -4

That leaves 4 Action points to work with in the turn:

YELLOW could:

1. spend 1 point to reorganise the JUDEA army (this army is disorganised and cannot move or attack, but defend as normal)
2. spend two points to upgrade EGYPT's province strength level by one point to three.
3. build a new army in LIBYA
4. use remaining point to either:
a. attack CILICIA or LYDIA using sea transport with either CYPRUS or EGYPT army
b. move the Levant fleet to the Aegean Sea
c. land CYPRUS army in SYRIA
d. move Egypt army to LIBYA (if he didn't build a new army there)

The GARRISONS in this campaign do not represent any actual military units used in battle, but the military & civilian infrastructure (including fortified towns and cities) to maintain control of a province and fleece it for taxes necessary to carry on the war.
When an army captures a province, its faction will have to spend 1 point to deploy a garrison to take control of that province, so the conquering army can move on to further campaigns.

Last edited:
Back