Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Alexander's Successors: Wars of the Diadochi - FGM Field of Glory II Campaign (NEW)

Very slowly, I'm afraid..
Yeah. Really sorry about this guys. Just been real busy with work this time of year. @Mad Mike ...I will do my best to pick up my turn rate the rest of the week. Looks like our lines are about to clash so I suspect the pace is going to pick up. Thank you all for your patience!!!!!

Yeah. Really sorry about this guys. Just been real busy with work this time of year. @Mad Mike ...I will do my best to pick up my turn rate the rest of the week. Looks like our lines are about to clash so I suspect the pace is going to pick up. Thank you all for your patience!!!!!

No prob -- just keep us posted when things running slow.

Quick update...

Quite a battle @Mad Mike and I are having! Down to the final couple of turns I believe. We seem to be determined to fight to the last man. Both sides are routed in the mid 40% range with just 1%separating us at present. The lead has been swinging back and forth for a few turns now. It's gonna be a tight one any way you look at it! :)

Quick update...

Quite a battle @Mad Mike and I are having! Down to the final couple of turns I believe. We seem to be determined to fight to the last man. Both sides are routed in the mid 40% range with just 1%separating us at present. The lead has been swinging back and forth for a few turns now. It's gonna be a tight one any way you look at it! :)

No pressure, but our nation literally hangs on this battle. Take deep breaths

Well...the Antigonid and Lysamachids fought from sunrise to sunset in Cappadocia. As the sun rises on a new day, the field of battle is awash in blood and littered with the bodies and weapons of the dead. The tired, weary eyes of the remaining Antigonid army look upon this scene of horror and devestation...girding themselves to resume the battle. Eyes burning with sweat and anger search the horizon for the hated Lysamachid army. Nothing...only the stark, rugged beauty of Cappadocia lays before them. The remaining Invaders have fled back to Phrygia in the night. The battle is won! Cappadocia is saved...for now. Tired, blood, sweat, and dirt-stained men slowly begin collecting the weapons of the vanquished and a victory monument can soon be rising on one of the high hills overlooking the site of this glorious triumph!

Great battle @Mad Mike !!! This one was about as close as it gets. So many changes in the the lead. In the end the Antigonid army (44%) managed a slight advantage over the Lysamachids (55%) as the sun set.

Thanks for the game! Hard fought and well played on both sides I should say!

Well...the Antigonid and Lysamachids fought from sunrise to sunset in Cappadocia. As the sun rises on a new day, the field of battle is awash in blood and littered with the bodies and weapons of the dead. The tired, weary eyes of the remaining Antigonid army look upon this scene of horror and devestation...girding themselves to resume the battle. Eyes burning with sweat and anger search the horizon for the hated Lysamachid army. Nothing...only the stark, rugged beauty of Cappadocia lays before them. The remaining Invaders have fled back to Phrygia in the night. The battle is won! Cappadocia is saved...for now. Tired, blood, sweat, and dirt-stained men slowly begin collecting the weapons of the vanquished and a victory monument can soon be rising on one of the high hills overlooking the site of this glorious triumph!

Great battle @Mad Mike !!! This one was about as close as it gets. So many changes in the the lead. In the end the Antigonid army (44%) managed a slight advantage over the Lysamachids (55%) as the sun set.

We live!!

Sounds epic — hope to update the map this evening and we can move on to the next turn.

Here we are, start of TURN 6:

GREEN have won a Major Victory in MESOPOTAMIA and now besiege the RED garrison there.

GREEN have also beaten back the YELLOW attack on SYRIA and now have a firm foothold there, the YELLOW army was destroyed.

The BLUE attack into CAPPADOCIA was beaten back by the REDS with a Minor Victory after time ran out. The BLUE army had to retreat, but with no space to retreat to, was destroyed.
The RED army in CAPPADOCIA is disrupted.

The BLUE army in CILICIA remains disrupted from the previous turn.

ACTION POINTS on the map below -- Kings, commanders and emperors... ready for your orders.

koZ0d81.jpg

@olaf @Nathangun @Nelson1812 @Wellsonian

Orders for TURN 6 have been processed:

NO Barbarian raids/invasions.

BLUE:
Build new garrison in CILICIA
Move army from THRACE to LYDIA.

RED:
Reorganise army in CAPPADOCIA.

YELLOW:
Build new army in JUDEA.
Attack CILICIA from CYPRUS.

GREEN:
Build new army in BABYLON.
Build up province strength in SYRIA, BACTRIA AND PERSIS.

There is only ONE battle:

CILICIA: YELLOW vs BLUE -- CO's please assign battle commanders.

I've posted the RULES again here for easy reference: https://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefg...rs-wars-of-the-diadochi-campaign-rules.29927/

SMmThrd.jpg

Last edited:
Back