Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

An Introduction

Alien Heat

FGM Lance Corporal
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Just signed up and thought it only polite to say hello and introduce myself after finding my way here through the Combat Mission Site.

Wayback I became engrossed with a PC based game called Eastern Front particularly with its representations of a huge array of historically based engagements and battles from that entire conflict. I then graduated to the Combat Mission Babarossa to Berlin game and played that into PC obsolescence

Since then I have dabbled with Red Thunder but now play almost exclusively Black Sea.

At the moment I am playing the Battle Pack Russian Campaign, the 205th Tactical Group is attempting to take its final objective I have a bridgehead into the left flank objective but the attrition rate from artillery on my infantry squads along with the constant threat of Javelin to my armour has made getting the tempo of the assault a real challenge. I still think despite inflicting some significant losses on the Ukrainian Armour the fire power of the supporting American forces and artillery will eventually blunt my attack as I run out of effective combat power.

Ah well I knew should have fought the preceding stage with a close eye on minimising my losses.

Once I have studied the advice on how to take part in PBEM I am planning to try my hand although I do like the proposition of the Scenario based head to heads being suggested.

Anyway thanks for taking the time to read this and hope to see you on the field of battle.

Last edited:
Big welcome to the Club @Alien Heat The Few Good Men are welcoming you!.... You will find a lot of interesting people here
Please check out the links which are there to help you

http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/
http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/forums/site-manual.25/
http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/forums/combat-mission-x2-world-war-two.160/

If you have any questions or need some help with the site, please feel free to contact our official welcome committee member Hedgehog and Shorker. he will be happy to assist you. Just click on the names in the members list or underneath the avatar picture and then on "Start A Conversation" or reply

hello alien and welcome, i liked your introduction and the reading :), please say if you want some cmbs fight, scenario or qb
see you on eastern steppes

Greetings, @Alien Heat ! You have already received @Hedgehog's Welcome Wagon hand-outs! They make good reading.

When you are ready for H2H play, consider using CMHelper to manage your matches.
Then, post your first request for a match either here or at the forum for the game(s) you own.

Welcome to The Few Good Men. Good luck and good gaming. Have fun.

Thank you all for the warm welcome, when I resolve the difficulties I am experiencing around the CM Helper not recognising the Black Sea Game Engine 4 on my PC I hope indeed to sally forth and enter the fray on those Eastern Steppes.

Greetings @Alien Heat

Gotta agree with @Meat Grinder THAT scene was my 1st thought on seeing your handle :eek: , some serious intimidation there :) (nice one).

Personally I don't do modern stuff in CM (just personal preference, he does do other modern stuff), but hope you enjoy the battles.

See you here and there - wander around the place, try the locked doors, ignore the signs saying private (just be prepared to have your eyeballs burnt out or sanity disrupted - you have been warned). There is a huge number of quite nice people, some REALLY nice people, an AMAZING staff team - Ta for the back hander guys (sigh) - , some very enjoyable discussions on all things and mostly respectful participants. ( @Zinzan, doesn't really fit into any of this).

btw: Refusing to back off can be fatal nowadays (and always) :runner:

Welcome aboard Alien Heat!
CMBS is my weakness and favorite CM game
As greatcas the campaigns and battles are there is nothing like playing a human opponent
Just my way of saying if you ever want a H2H game i will play any side, any size, scenario or quick battle

Happy Gaming!

Thank you for the welcome and thank you for the offer of a game.
If you are happy to set everything up that would be a great help to start.

Any parameter? Size, sides, quick battle or scenario, any special rules?
We could do 'Lights, Action, Camera' but that might be a bit much to start

Yes I think 'Lights, Action, Camera' might be a bit much, how about something more modest?
Possibly a quick battle, meeting engagement ,small or medium, something rustic.
Bad weather and at dusk might add to the tension
I get the impression Ukrainian infantry v Russian infantry tends to Iook more balanced
Are there any special rules usually agreed to?

Do you have any preferences?

Back