Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Another New Guy from Oz

P

Prof Oz

G'Day from Down Under,

I grew up around Philadelphia and Chicago, but have lived in Sydney since 1977. I originally went to Sydney on a three-year academic contract at the University of New South Wales. Apparently, I fooled enough people that they kept me. Now with my grown children and grandchildren near by, Sydney is most definitely home for me. These days I keep myself engaged part-time at university, part-time in the Australian Army Reserves, and part-time as a martial arts instructor. I keep intending to take art lessons.

On the gaming side, I play the CM2 series, mostly with friends that I met through WeBoB. I have all the WWII series and CMBS, but not Shock Force. Anybody interested? I only play one game at time and can exchange 3 or 4 files per week.

Cheers,
Prof Oz

Gday from qld. I am willing to have a go at a game. I havent completed my first match yet, so I am pretty green. I am playing 3 other games right now but I would like to have a go at maybe some CMBS, if you are interested.

Welcome, @Prof Oz! You should soon receive @Hedgehog's Welcome Wagon hand-outs! They make good reading.

Whey you are ready for H2H play, consider using CMHelper to manage your matches.

Set up a personal account at Dropbox.
Then, post your first request for a match either here or at the forum for the game(s) you own.

As a US ex-pat, take a look at @Wellsonian's Ryder Cup challenge and consider joining to beef up the non-USA team.
http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/threads/cm-ryder-cup.27296/

Welcome to The Few Good Men. Good luck and good gaming! Have fun.

Thank you everybody for the warm welcome. I will look forward to the welcome wagon handouts, and I will look into CMHelper, if it is available for Mac players.

Gday from qld. I am willing to have a go at a game. I havent completed my first match yet, so I am pretty green. I am playing 3 other games right now but I would like to have a go at maybe some CMBS, if you are interested.

Hi Grunter,
Excellent, when you are ready, I would like to play a CMBS game. When do you think that might be. I am in no hurry if you are tied up with other games. In the mean time, I might try the Ryder cup

I like your photo. For a split second, I thought you were modelling the newest version of BAS.

Cheers,
Jim

Thank you everybody for the warm welcome. I will look forward to the welcome wagon handouts, and I will look into CMHelper, if it is available for Mac players.

Hi Grunter,
Excellent, when you are ready, I would like to play a CMBS game. When do you think that might be. I am in no hurry if you are tied up with other games. In the mean time, I might try the Ryder cup

I like your photo. For a split second, I thought you were modelling the newest version of BAS.

Cheers,
Jim

Hi Grunter,

Cheers,
Jim
I am cool to start a match right now. I am playing a couple of guys from the UK, so its only a turn every 24 hrs, due to the time difference.
The other guy I am playing is a very Experienced bloke from northern NSW. He is smashing me up pretty good, and giving me helpful tips along the way to my annihilation.
That photo of me was when I went to see the Terracotta Warriors near Xian China. Its more like a Dalek suit than T-BAS, but easier to get on. Haa.

Welcome, @Prof Oz! You should soon receive @Hedgehog's Welcome Wagon hand-outs! They make good reading.

Whey you are ready for H2H play, consider using CMHelper to manage your matches.

Set up a personal account at Dropbox.
Then, post your first request for a match either here or at the forum for the game(s) you own.

As a US ex-pat, take a look at @Wellsonian's Ryder Cup challenge and consider joining to beef up the non-USA team.
http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/threads/cm-ryder-cup.27296/

Welcome to The Few Good Men. Good luck and good gaming! Have fun.
I am still learning the ropes. I havent won a match yet. I'll took a butchers.

Greetings & Welcome @Prof Oz

We've got a great clubhouse here so please drag yourself around it, put yer feet up on the furniture and feel free to tinker with the coffee machine - (it's not been the same since Zinzan tried to "fix" it). Most of the occupants are nice, friendly and not at all the usual denizens of the internet (with some exceptions eg. Zinzan is "Mostly Harmless" but definitely NOT normal)

Wowsa You're a double colonial but at least you moved to the lighter side :D (This is meant to be humerous o_O - yes I know). Enjoy your time here, give some stick, receive some banter and don't forget to sing when you're winning.

Hello Prof Oz, welcome to THE FEW GOOD MEN! :)
Good to have you with us!

I am cool to start a match right now. I am playing a couple of guys from the UK, so its only a turn every 24 hrs, due to the time difference.
The other guy I am playing is a very Experienced bloke from northern NSW. He is smashing me up pretty good, and giving me helpful tips along the way to my annihilation.
That photo of me was when I went to see the Terracotta Warriors near Xian China. Its more like a Dalek suit than T-BAS, but easier to get on. Haa.

G'Day Grunter,
Sure, let's get started. I'll set up a shared dropbox folder and email you an invitation.
If you have a CMBS scenario you would like to try let me know. Otherwise, why don't you select a Quick Battle map and, say, a "small" engagement of any type. (I am happy to take on the role of a valiant rearguard defender. The "small" size would allow the attacker to put together a battlegroup of a couple companies with artillery/air support.) Really, anything you want.
Cheers,
Jim

Back