Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Any body had this error Message on helper

Yes. Started getting it this morning when I open it. No idea what the problem might be.

I get this error if I start up CMhelper without having an active internet connection - for example if I forgot to turn on the router, or if I lose WiFi connection. I then close CMhelper, get the connection working, and restart the program. That fixes the problem.

Can mirror the issue and timeframe of it occurring, though it does not impact the programs fucbtions.

Based on what I think I know about CMH, (after a period with no games and hence no CMH usage, I also now get this error message ...), the bit that is "failing" is this last section of the log file:

setting up to check for new BFC version info....​
Setting watch on CM Shock Force​
Setting watch on CMRT​
Setting watch on CM Final Blitzkrieg​
Setting watch on CM Battle For Normandy​
Setting watch on CM Fortress Italy​
Setting watch on CM Black Sea​
-----------ready for action--------​
attempted install catalog update fetch​
*** Oops, couldn't update version catalog - using default info.​

CMH attempts to compare the versions of the various titles that the user has installed against a base list of the latest versions.

This check is now failing ... perhaps because GaJ has amended / deleted the checklist info on his site?

It won't (as people note) affect how CMH works, I think, other than not providing an information note to the user if they don't have a later version of which CMH is aware but the user doesn't have.

Same here. Active or none active internet connection.

CMH Helper log message:

*** Oops, couldn't update version catalog - using default info.

Just because something appears to be working does not mean that it is working as designed.

But CMH does appear to be working. Syncing files between folders.

Back