Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Any thoughts on Project Reality?

D

DellieJonut

Last week this mod for Battlefield 2 become both standalone and free to play. I'm downloading my copy right now and I'll report back with my findings, but everything I've seen so far suggests it lives up to the name. I know they have some WW2 scenarios but they haven't been included in the standalone version yet. Would anyone want to try it out with me?

Also, should I crosspost this in the Arma 3 thread? Seems like a similar type of thing.

I actually did download and try the latest standalone iteration of PR and absolutely loved it, previously having now real knowledge or experience of what the mod was about.

The players I found were generally in bountiful supply (regularly filling the 32 v 32 servers).

Best of all I thought the guys who played were of good temperament, typically following orders/instructions from their squad leader without incident, even if their SL was relatively new/unknown like myself. The community of players has it's own way of weeding out any idiots trying to ruin the fun so those that play are not there to be lame. Really enjoyed my time there. Despite the game engine, I think it holds up really well. Gameplay and graphics are very smooth, maps are very immersive and cover many theaters.

Highly recommended, but be prepared to learn fast.

Great game/mod but yes, it takes getting used too. Teamwork is a must and a microphone is also needed.

Oh yeah, you are right, I did fail to mention that a microphone and a propensity to communicate for teamwork is a must.

I tried it out awhile back, unfortunately my notebook doesn't keep a great framerate even though it's well optimized. I was mostly impressed with the command structure- people actually use it. If Arma 3 had a framework that worked as well as that it would be an impressive multiplayer game too

I'm a regular player on the BigD Australian servers, as well as some american ones. I'm consistently surprised at how well the game handles latency- I frequently play at around 250ms and still don't have any gameplay issues!

PR is second only to CM on my most played/favorite game list.
I've played the mod since it's inception, same player name (MauserGDog) if you are playing.

Mostly play the HOG, Candy Van east coast servers.

If you like PR, you will love SQUAD.

Anybody still play play PR around here? Lets get a squad going!

• Was it just me who saw this
    "Any thoughts on Project Reality?" and thought well reality sucks so yes I do have thoughts but they're not really positive?

(OTOH we all know he sucks and isn't really all there so not surprising.:confused: )

Back