Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Anyone bought an electric car?

Still not viable in my part of the world. 400km range still a limiting factor for country drivers and there simply isn't the infrstructure (fast charge stations) sprad around the region yet. Not to mention the price, pretty sure it get slugged with the Australian Luxury Car Tax.

I subscribe to Consumer Reports and found this interesting:

Electric vehicles (EVs) are becoming increasingly common, with many manufacturers currently offering models that plug in. There are dozens more models expected to hit the market over the next few years. And there's been increasing interest from car shoppers. In 2010, just 1,919 EVs were sold in the U.S. In 2018, sales hit 233,411. A 2019 survey, conducted by Consumer Reports and the Union of Concerned Scientists (UCS), shows that 63 percent of prospective car buyers in America are interested in electric vehicles.

Overall, 31 percent would consider one for their next purchase, 27 percent would consider one at some point down the road, and 5 percent say they are definitely planning on buying or leasing one for their next vehicle. This last number would mark a big escalation in electric car purchases in the U.S. A growing number of consumers may be interested, but most have had limited experience with electric vehicles, despite that some EVs have been on the market for years, including models from Chevrolet, Ford, Honda, Nissan, and Tesla. And many consumers naturally will have questions about how an electric car might fit into their lives.

Well the model 3 does about 500k. As we only do 20 miles a day with charging at the office its not really a problem for us.

I just saw this thread. I have a friend who owns this car and he loves it. LMK how you like it.

Very nice!! I've had my eye on Tesla for awhile. I think Tesla's cyber truck is very interesting. Thinking about ordering the two motor version.

I haven't bothered installing a charger as I can currently charge it at the office for free. If we get caught short it will charge from a 3 pin point in the garage at 100 miles per night.

As its only a 15 mile round trip its not really an issue.

Back