Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Anyone having game play issues with the latest CM patches?

Nemesis

FGM Regimental Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
After Battlefront began its latest series of patches, I played a game with @holoween where soldiers under fire (even light fire) would run toward the source of the fire. We got through the game, but it was a mess with both of us taking heavy losses from men running toward enemy guns when they should have stayed still or run away from them.

Battlefront recognized this and released another set of patches in this thread that was supposed to address this issue:

http://community.battlefront.com/topic/135186-new-02-patches-for-game-engine-4-are-now-available/

I have installed the latest set of patches, but in another ladder game, this issue is rearing its head again. Guys get shot at and then run toward their enemies. Both me and my opponent have the latest patches installed.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Yeah, there are still some instances where this is happening. If you have saves or PBEM turns you can share them here of on BFC's forums. There is a current effort to get some reproducible test cases.

First question: did you start this game with the latest patch?

Yes--we sadly did start with the 2 version patch on both sides.

I will try to share some on the BFC forums when my game is done.

I've returned to CM after some time, and currently playing through KG Peiper campaign again, using the latest patch to see if it makes a difference,

I did notice several instances of troops running away from seemingly light fire, compared to their troop quality and cover.

It's very rare I see guys running towards the enemy though. Maybe I've seen it once or twice. Usually the problem is that troops will run away a very long distance, and past several good cover positions (brick houses etc) to hide in some weird place.

Back