Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Are mods still working after latest patch?

Bulletpoint

FGM Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
I just noticed most of my texture mods are no longer working after I installed the latest patch. Could anyone please confirm their mods are working in CMFB? I'm not sure if it's me doing some mistake or if it has something to do with the patch...

If you are looking at a game that was updated using the patch it would be worth testing a fresh one. For the last patch I do not recall any fixes that would change the behaviour of textures. String updates are not likely to work. I checked and found that some .x2 patches had new string files and some did not but I have not gone the extra mile and updated the Vin's animated text mods yet. I have no idea when I'll get to that...

If you are looking at a game that was updated using the patch it would be worth testing a fresh one. For the last patch I do not recall any fixes that would change the behaviour of textures. String updates are not likely to work. I checked and found that some .x2 patches had new string files and some did not but I have not gone the extra mile and updated the Vin's animated text mods yet. I have no idea when I'll get to that...

It's a new game started after the update to the latest patch.

It seems the problem was that the CMBN files are not compatible with CMFB. At least the Panthers are now rolling again after someone sent me the Aris CMFB Panther Pack.

I still can't get the CMBN mods to work in CMFB though. The 251/9 for example only gets the interior texture, but the outer surface of the hull doesn't change.

Last edited:
Sounds like the file names were tweaked for some reason. Another possibility is a mod tag unique to CMFB. For example when the time frame is winter the vehicle textures include winter or snow - I forget which it is - to load the white wash textures. If your mods from CMBN don't have such a tag (and why would they) then the game will load the tagged version and get the ones from CMFB.

Bottom line is CMBN textures might fit many models from CMFB but the file naming needs to be taken into account.

That would be my working theory anyway.

After upgrading to the latest patch, the string files are identical in all CM line games

It seems to be something on my machine only.. as I checked with another player, and he could use the 251/9 texture mod fine, using CMFB, same version, same file numbers, everything the same, apart from my version only loading the interior texture, and his computer showing both interior and exterior. So I have no idea what might be causing it.

If anyone here also has problems with this texture mod, I'd be interested to know...

Back