Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Arma 3

Bootie

FGM OWNER
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
What can I say about the superlative ARMA3 that hasn't already been said within the very forums here at the FGM.

This is a game I have dedicated more than 400 hours playing time too and to be honest it IS a great game and can indeed swallow hours up without the slightest warning.

But it does have its shortfalls.

The game has a vast modding community [a strength and a weakness IMO] and sometimes keeping up to date with the newest mods and the versions required for on-line gaming can become a nuisance. The more tech savvy amongst us can cope but not everyone is clued up on how to install mods/run TeamSpeak etc etc. In fact this is one of the reasons I lost track with the FGM FireTeam here on the FGM. After a self imposed exile to go house hunting I tried to step back in but was so far behind in terms of mods and modus operandi that I felt very much an outsider.

I actually fired it up again tonight to play the single player campaign and after battling away for over 2 hours I realised even now after so many incarnations of the game engine that commanding AI team mates is still really really shit.

As such I ended up uninstalling the lot for the simple reason that single player does not satisfy the needs and is a poor mans multi-player. And because I was so far out of the loop with the MP I got rid of the lot. It is still there on Steam should I ever wish to dabble again but I think for now... I have hung up my gloves.

Last edited:
I've never had such a love/hate relationship with any game such like the one that I have had with ArmA.

I couldn't say it any better. After playing in several large communities and also some smaller ones I have just lost the love for the game and uninstalled.

I still have a soft spot for the game. I enjoyed to community, FGM, we had but I run out of time with RL stuff over the last year or so. Would like to start to start the community again if there is interest?

Interested in buying this and having some WW2 member fun.
Where is best place to purchase it? also there appears to be all sorts of DLC's accompanying it. Which of those should one buy? Not really into modern warfare, so would be happy just for a basic game which can be modded to WW2.

Interested in buying this and having some WW2 member fun.
Where is best place to purchase it? also there appears to be all sorts of DLC's accompanying it. Which of those should one buy? Not really into modern warfare, so would be happy just for a basic game which can be modded to WW2.

Most FGM members play Arma3 using STEAM. It's on my wishlist waiting for it to go on sale.
That's where FGM'ers get their WW2 DLC as well. There's been recent efforts for gaming Arma3 grouped together too.

Steam. The incorporated Workshop support for mods makes it the only real option. Unless you want the hassle of running around trying to get the silly thing to work with 20 manually installed mods yourself. :p

Cheers Bootie.
Can you suggest one or two good ww2 single player scenarios or even campaigns please.

Cheers Badger73
how do you get the files?

ignore that for some reason i was logged out and and it would not let me subscribe to the mods. it has now.

Last edited by a moderator:
count me in..would you mind taking a few minutes before then to make sure i have everything working properly?

Back