Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Battle Brothers -- bloody addictive game

What, a machine gun wasn't good enough?

MEMORANDUM:

TO: mTk- Leader of the Mercenary Company

SUBJECT: Employee Weaponry

Sir, I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for issuing me a machine gun during my employment period with your company. It was a good weapon, but seeing as you failed to issue the said weapon with ammunition, it was not as effective a weapon as I would have hoped for. As it is, I did manage to club two enemies to death with it before my untimely demise. Please note that a machine gun does not an effective club make.

If you feel compelled to comment. please respond in writing to: Barry the Beautiful
c/o GENERAL DELIVERY
The Gates of Valhalla

@Rico What's your opinion on giving my crossbowman a Heavy Crossbow? They are quite expensive and the text says something about long reload times.

Heavy crossbow is well worth it -- punches through heavy armor and especially useful vs Orc warriors.
Reload time similar to other crossbows -- your guy using it just needs some good fatigue levels.

One of the most fun weapons I ever captured from a Goblin overseer was a heavy crossbow bolt chucker -- nasty as hell and also sometimes punched the target back one space in addition to damage inflicted. :D

This game looks fun and I am considering making the purchase. I watched a couple of reviews and have these questions;

1. Is it true that the devs are no longer working on the game? They seem to say as much on their website but then appear to be releasing free DLC and patches after that announcement.

2. One review said that the start and the middle are great but that there is no end game and that things become boring after 20 or so hours of gameplay. To those who are playing this game, is this your opinion also?

I enjoy it but I am still in the middle game as I can only play sparingly.
I like the fact that I can fight a battle or two and enjoy it when I can only squeeze in 30 minutes for gaming.

I enjoy it but I am still in the middle game as I can only play sparingly.
I like the fact that I can fight a battle or two and enjoy it when I can only squeeze in 30 minutes for gaming.

That's one of the reasons I love this game -- very easy to dip in again and pick up one of the ongoing campaigns for a quick battle or two every now and then.

I'm still enjoying it immensely. Hard to say where I am at this point in the game....middle perhaps? I don't read about it online, I just play. I don't even know what the level cap is, if there is one. Very fun game. Hope the devs are working on an add on or a sequel.

Back