Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Battle Brothers -- bloody addictive game

The Wascally Wabbit is grateful . . .

BUGS_KISSES_Elmer.jpg

Interesting to watch and see the different tactics. What settings this played on?
Learned something -- was under impression you could only deploy one Wardog per battle.

Tricky situation -- battle like this, the key is to take out the necromancer asap with archers closing range (necromancers can revive the dead as zombies -- even your own casualaties, which can get very nasty)
With the snow (and if it was swamp or forest) difficult to move fast enough to close range.

I sometimes experimented with a flanking "flying column" -- four guys, two guys in front as shields and one or two archers protected behind to snipe at the necromancer.

I tend to keep a minimum of 3 archers in a battle, one crossbow, two bowmen... with pole arms as secondary weapons just in case (and quick hands skill for fast weapon change over)
Crossbow to take out dangerous enemy front liners -- bowmen to take ours enemy archers as pronto as possible.

Flails are good when your guys had good melee skills -- if opponent has no helmet, I go for headshot usually.

Weapons that can decapitate are most useful against the wiedergangers (zombies) -- don't come back from that.
Bashing weapons not that effective against the undead.

Interesting to watch and see the different tactics. What settings this played on?

Veteran/Veteran

Learned something -- was under impression you could only deploy one Wardog per battle.

Cool. I learned a while back not to "let slip the dogs of war" too soon.

Tricky situation -- battle like this, the key is to take out the necromancer asap with archers closing range (necromancers can revive the dead as zombies -- even your own casualaties, which can get very nasty)
With the snow (and if it was swamp or forest) difficult to move fast enough to close range.

I sometimes experimented with a flanking "flying column" -- four guys, two guys in front as shields and one or two archers protected behind to snipe at the necromancer.

I tend to keep a minimum of 3 archers in a battle, one crossbow, two bowmen... with pole arms as secondary weapons just in case (and quick hands skill for fast weapon change over)
Crossbow to take out dangerous enemy front liners -- bowmen to take ours enemy archers as pronto as possible.

Flails are good when your guys had good melee skills -- if opponent has no helmet, I go for headshot usually.

Weapons that can decapitate are most useful against the wiedergangers (zombies) -- don't come back from that.
Bashing weapons not that effective against the undead.

Yea, my tactics weren't perfect, but I managed to get the job done. I was trying to get close enough to take out the Necromancer sooner, but the AI in this game has very good tactics.

Last edited:
An odd little game, but I can see how it might become addictive. Thanks for showing this. Good hunting!

It basically has everything that I like in a computer game: open world (you aren't railroaded into following any particular path or storyline), RPG elements, "Low" fantasy setting, grim, you can upgrade and improve your skills and equipment, and last but certainly not least, excellent turn based combat with good AI.

Uploaded another battle video. In this one, my company took a Noble contract to exterminate an orc camp. My men will be facing both Orc Young and Orc Warriors. Please note that I didn't like where the game started them out at the beginning of the battle, so I retreated in order to give my archers and polearm weilders a height advantage. Also note that I tried to position my men so as to minimize the amount of "knocking back" that the orcs love to do. They can't knock a man back if he has other men behind him. Lastly, I made generous use of the flail's ability to Lash (I think that's the word) an opponent in the head, since several of the orcs forgot to wear their helmets that day. :) And yes, I do love to use axes to splinter shields.

Been struggling lately with my merc company. As for now the only "greater evils" I have encountered are noble house wars, all around day 50-70. By that time I'm really not prepared at all as far as armor and good background brothers go, and I really suffer the consecuences of those weaknesses. Any tips?

Been struggling lately with my merc company. As for now the only "greater evils" I have encountered are noble house wars, all around day 50-70. By that time I'm really not prepared at all as far as armor and good background brothers go, and I really suffer the consecuences of those weaknesses. Any tips?

Stay out of those wars and stick to private contracts until your company has improved.

Back