Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Battle Brothers -- bloody addictive game

Damn you for posting this thread @Rico , damn you!!!! I am growing very attached to my little motley band. :D

And when one falls in battle, NOOOooo... Though pleasantly surprised when he is listed as critically injured after the battle, and not dead (can one deduce that 'in-battle' (that he's not actually dead??) (Maybe this is something you see more on Beginner than higher levels?

Only took me about 20 battles to clue in that you can setup your starting formation before the battle begins.... :(

:D
Damn you for posting this thread @Rico , damn you!!!! I am growing very attached to my little motley band. :D

And when one falls in battle, NOOOooo... Though pleasantly surprised when he is listed as critically injured after the battle, and not dead (can one deduce that 'in-battle' (that he's not actually dead??) (Maybe this is something you see more on Beginner than higher levels?

Only took me about 20 battles to clue in that you can setup your starting formation before the battle begins.... :(

I know - this game is like crack cocaine -- highly addictive -- sucks you in! :D:D

I have bought the game too and am loving it, although I am still learning the basics. How did you edit your mens' names? Do you know if there is a manual?

I'm still playing, but I'm "save scumming" (i.e. if I lose a battle badly, I reload a save game). Money is my biggest issue. I can't afford the nice toys, much less the good fighters for hire. Playing on Veteran difficulty.

I'm still playing, but I'm "save scumming" (i.e. if I lose a battle badly, I reload a save game). Money is my biggest issue. I can't afford the nice toys, much less the good fighters for hire. Playing on Veteran difficulty.

This game is always about the money... !!

Paying the team their daily wages, keeping them fed, keeping their gear fixed, keeping them healthy, upgrading their gear....

And I am loving how, unlike your classic D&D style games, you can never possible achieve a complete fantasy team of level 10 'leets'! The 'Permanent' damage traits are really neat (GRRRrrrr!): e.g. Broken Knee (that poorly mends) means your company Sergeant will now be -25% melee attack and -25% melee defense for the rest of his life! Or a big hit to the head means another favorite character has a permanent brain injury, and has lost 25% initiative till the day they die....

Oh, and my pro-tip: don't customize their names at all. Saves you getting attached to them (and you will, with custom names), and getting super frustrated when they fall, and rewinding all the time to your last save. Treat them all as expendable cannon-fodder, and you'll have much more fun...

What a funny thread - lmao! :D GREAT!

But "Shorker the Shaken"...? ... and already dead...? :D No, no, that does not do justice to mine as I am more like "Shorker the Force"!
Battlefront even named an entire CM title after me: Combat Mission Shork Force (if I remember it right). ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back