Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Battle Brothers -- bloody addictive game

40940649.jpg

Found this today while shopping at Armor Mart.

View attachment 16731

Shame I didn't have the coin.

Economic question - If it's worth 15000, but asking price is 40k +, can you haggle?

I bought the game, trying to set a start to play date, figure if you can impart some tips, I'm all ears....

PS, How much are machineguns?

You can haggle over the price of your contracts, but shopkeepers do not negotiate. They also buy low, sell high. You don't have to buy all your armor and weapons from the shops, however. You will be able to loot a lot of items off your slain enemies.

I bought the game, trying to set a start to play date, figure if you can impart some tips, I'm all ears....

Cool! I hope you enjoy it as much as I have. My current game is Veteran combat level and Veteran economic difficulty. That is the middle ground. I find it challenging, but not overwhelming. I, however, have no problem with "save scumming" (saving right before a battle and reloading if I lose). If I were you, I would turn off "permanent destruction" in the options (unfortunately, I did not, and once you start a campaign you can't change it). This should allow destroyed towns to rebuild eventually. You're going to start off with bottom-of-the-barrel gear. Get used to that. Gearing and leveling up your men takes a while. And get used to losing battles. I still lose battles, and my men are all level 17+ with some nice armor and weapons. Have fun!

Cool! I hope you enjoy it as much as I have. My current game is Veteran combat level and Veteran economic difficulty. That is the middle ground. I find it challenging, but not overwhelming. I, however, have no problem with "save scumming" (saving right before a battle and reloading if I lose). If I were you, I would turn off "permanent destruction" in the options (unfortunately, I did not, and once you start a campaign you can't change it). This should allow destroyed towns to rebuild eventually. You're going to start off with bottom-of-the-barrel gear. Get used to that. Gearing and leveling up your men takes a while. And get used to losing battles. I still lose battles, and my men are all level 17+ with some nice armor and weapons. Have fun!

It’s a great game ... great for dipping into — just dive in!

New YT battle upload. A nobleman has hired the Gens Antiquus to protect a town from raiding "greenskins". His coin seems solid, and if a rich man wants to pay us good coin to spill orc blood, then who are we to question why?

This one was pretty rough, and took me two tries to win. The orc young are basically cannon fodder at this point in the game, given the level and equipment my men are sporting. The berzerkers are wild cards and need to be put down fast. The Orc Warriors are tanks, still very tough. Gotta destroy their shields....quickly, before you can do much damage to them.

Last edited:
You do make it look easier than I suspect it really is. Well fought.

Thanks. Well, it did take me two tries. Battle Brothers is basically a single player, narrowly focused, turn based fantasy tactical combat game, with role playing elements. If the developers had been given the task of creating a game that I would love, this is what they would have probably come up with.

Back