Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Battle Brothers -- bloody addictive game

Hmmm, I had to retire after taking a contract to fight some undead. Two survived from the party of 10. Got back, healed up, hired 2 guys and left town. Tried to get an easy job but was still locked into my contract, so on owing I could not whip the undead went into early retirement. Did beat all comers up to that point, including the spiders? But man, those undead bastards are tough.

Last edited:
Hmmm, I had to retire after taking a contract to fight some undead. Two survived from the party of 10. Got back, healed up, hired 2 guys and left town. Tried to get an easy job but was still locked into my contract, so on owing I could not whip the undead went into early retirement. Did beat all comers up to that point, including the spiders? But man, those undead bastards are tough.
There's certain type of contract and opponents you just avoid until your crew has some decent kit and skills ... at least mostly chainmal for starters.

You can cancel a contract -- it earns you some ill will with the clients, but it is always an option.

Thanks Rico! How do you cancel a contract? And yes, padded leather, leather butchers apron and padded and cloth hoods are not cutting it against the undead.

Worth having a look through...

Bookmarked! Thanks, Rico! One other thing, how do you rename the characters? Does it require a mod?

So I did manage to get up to 10 men- I outfitted 5 of them with shields, militia spears, and lower-end clothes. That was my base unit. Behind them, I had two maneuver units with better armor. On one side a guy with a shield and a one-handed sword and one guy with a wood ax, on the other side a guy with a shield and flanchion, then a guy with a buckler and a pickaxe. Finally, I had a crossbowman in the second row as well. So usually I deployed with the five spearmen up front, the two maneuver pairs behind them with the crossbowman in the middle of the back row. I had the worst crossbowman ever, he maybe hit one out of every 4 shots.

Bookmarked! Thanks, Rico! One other thing, how do you rename the characters? Does it require a mod?

So I did manage to get up to 10 men- I outfitted 5 of them with shields, militia spears, and lower-end clothes. That was my base unit. Behind them, I had two maneuver units with better armor. On one side a guy with a shield and a one-handed sword and one guy with a wood ax, on the other side a guy with a shield and flanchion, then a guy with a buckler and a pickaxe. Finally, I had a crossbowman in the second row as well. So usually I deployed with the five spearmen up front, the two maneuver pairs behind them with the crossbowman in the middle of the back row. I had the worst crossbowman ever, he maybe hit one out of every 4 shots.
Just click on the character in the roster and then click on their name on the top left and it'll let you rename him.

Yes, I am learning the hard way that saving before battles is a must, just ask the goblins that decimated my group, then hunted my survivors down and killed them.

Back