Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Battle Brothers -- bloody addictive game

What a funny thread - lmao! :D GREAT!

But "Shorker the Shaken"...? ... and already dead...? :D No, no, that does not do justice to mine as I am more like "Shorker the Force"!
Battlefront even named an entire CM title after me: Combat Mission Shork Force (if I remember it right). ;)

LoL - Wouldn't that be "Shork Force" ? ;)

Actually just started up a new game today before lunch to relax a bit before an afternoon work session, when my computer just crashed --- AAAARGH!!! :eek::eek:
Luckily found guy who will come over this afternoon - hope he can fix it otherwise a minor distaster so much work to get through and short week deadlines for next week - (Friday is a public holiday here) :confused:

I like this game, because you can dip into it for 20 minutes, carry on where you left off and do a quick battle or so...

My longest-living mercenary crew is The Black Gauntlet (admittedly, the combat level was set a Beginner when I started this -- economy etc set on Veteran) ... all my games set at Veteran or Expert have all come to gruesome ends usually in the mid-game ) and has lasted 325 days of game time. We have seen off the first Orc/Goblin invasion ... and currently the place is infested with the Living Dead ... Wiedergangers (zombies) and animated skeleton warriors ...

Currently 17 men strong (you can have a max of 20 -- 12 fight any battle at a time) including some rather battered and disfigured veterans -- although through the run of its career, 59 battle brothers have paid the ultimate price.
Everybody's in pretty good quality chainmail and helmets.

BattleBrothers 2017-11-02 17-04-18-896.jpg

Only one guy is still alive from the original starting three ... Radulf the Axe, the standard bearer, ... he's fought in 186 battles, killed 226 foes ... has had an ear chopped off and is traumatised from too many near death experiences, suffering from serious PTSD by now -- but soldiers on. Also pretty handy with the throwing javelins and handles the troop's scouting hawk.

BattleBrothers 2017-11-02 17-05-34-960.jpg

Second in the longevity stakes is Egon The Cleaver ... originally working as a village butcher, he was signed up on day 2 and, despite being a drunkard, not particularly fit -- has survived through 182 battles, slashing and hacking his way through 226 opponents (including the bandit lord Infamous Hanke) and has leveled up to max without ever suffering any permanent or disfiguring injuries...

BattleBrothers 2017-11-02 17-06-18-166.jpg

Still love this game...

Damn Rico. Your guys have some sweet, sweet gear! Most of mine are still sporting leather and cloth. It's all about getting the good contracts and making the cha-ching! And not dying, of course.

I know ... it's taken a LOT of blood, sweat and well... more blood ... to get all that stuff.
Early start is also fun ... when every spear and shield and bit of padded armour is precious. :D ... or when your guys get partially equipped with rusty ancient kit from beating some ancient skeleton guys...

Also picked this up during the Steam sale. Really fun game.

some rather battered and disfigured veterans
Who is your most punished guy?
Mine is Ragnar the Architect, who has a maimed foot and has lost an eye and his nose.

Also picked this up during the Steam sale. Really fun game.

Who is your most punished guy?
Mine is Ragnar the Architect, who has a maimed foot and has lost an eye and his nose.

This is my most damaged guy still standing ... Gebhard The Guileless ... veteran crossbow man who started out as a monk: broken knee, brain damage (took a few too many hits to the noggin'), weakened heart and traumatised (I think he's been at the door of death about half a dozen times...) -- he has killed a necromancer and is no slouch with the pike, if a little slow...LOL

BattleBrothers 2017-11-02 21-33-01-024.jpg

Meat Grinder the merciless better be in your company somewhere. ;-)

We signed up a new recruit this morning ... Meat Grinder The Merciless ... a thief turning to the mercenary life.
He joins the ranks as what we affectionately call in the Black Gauntlet an "arrow catcher" ... or front line spear & shield man :D ... somewhat disposable until the recruit proves his mettle surviving showers of Goblin poisoned arrows :D
(although, unlike earlier noobie recruits, he starts out with pretty good equipment... proper chainmail, kite shield, good helmet... so starts with a better chance)

BattleBrothers 2017-11-03 07-57-01-179.jpg

Last edited:
New recruit @Meat Grinder The Merciless has survived his first two battles -- did very well on his first, sprinting around the flank killing a Necromancer that was reanimating brigand raiders killed in battle.
My archers had put a couple of arrows into the Necromancer, and he finished him off with his spear.
The second battle did not go so well -- Meat Grinder the Merciless had his helmet bashed in by one of a group of nasty and quite skilled brigand raiders, and now he has permanent brain damage... that same battle also cost me Raban The Salty, one of my veteran archers who had been a humble fisherman when we first recruited him. The enemy archers ganged up on him and turned him into a human pin cushion with some evil accurate shooting before I could get him to drop his bow and use his shield... he shall be missed.

BattleBrothers 2017-11-03 12-40-29-411.jpg

Last edited:
Back