Battle of the Bulge.

PhilM

FGM Lieutenant
Hey guys, I've got CMFI/GL to work again. Finally. Had to swap out my anti virus program for another.

Nathangun, I see you posted links to a bunch of graphics mods on GreenAsJade's website.
I have some questions.

Have many of you guys used these? Did you download them all and dump them into a folder inside 'Data/Z'?
Is there just a mod that depicts snow? Does CMFI have snow effects already?

Thanks.
I use them ... they look good. FWIW I made a second copy of my CMFI game install and put them in there, so I can have "Bulge" and "Non Bulge" CMFI battles going at the same time, without having to worry about moving the mods in and out.

Concord

FGM Regimental Sergeant Major
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
concord@iinet.net.au
Okay, got 'em. Used the generic helmets for Allies (rather than the 28th), and got the Heer uniforms (rather than SS).
Should make for some nice screenies.

I saw a bunch of snowy vehicle mods...gunna get those too.

Concord

FGM Regimental Sergeant Major
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
concord@iinet.net.au
Now that I have all the bulgy, snowy mods I could find...

Many of the mods are contained in folders within folders.
Will the game pick up on them like this? Will it look deeper than 1 level of folders to detect mods?

PhilM

FGM Lieutenant

Will the game pick up on them like this? Will it look deeper than 1 level of folders to detect mods?
Yep, they can be in folders within folders, the game still finds them. They do have be unzipped first, though, if you find or download them in zip files ...

Nathangun

FGM Major
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
nathangun@gmail.com

Be sure to add a few 'z' at the start of the folder so the program will know to use them before any other mods of similar type.

I do like this backdrop. :)
This is the Monschau hex V2

Last edited:

PhilM

FGM Lieutenant
Be sure to add a few 'z' at the start of the folder so the program will know to use them before any other mods of similar type.
At the risk of being labelled pedantic ... putting "zz" in front of the folder names is precisely so that they are used *after* - not before - either the default files or any previous mods.

The programme uses the last version of any given file that it encounters, this superseding previously found copy. That's why a basic mod folder is named "z", so that the mod files sit, and are loaded, after the default version in the game folders ...

If you already have a z mods folder, and want to use some bulge specific versions instead of those, call the bulge folder "zz", and anything in there will be used instead of the z folder, which was already instead of the default folder, etc etc ...

Or am I teaching my grandmother to suck eggs? :p

Nathangun

FGM Major
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
nathangun@gmail.com
At the risk of being labelled pedantic ... putting "zz" in front of the folder names is precisely so that they are used *after* - not before - either the default files or any previous mods.

The programme uses the last version of any given file that it encounters, this superseding previously found copy. That's why a basic mod folder is named "z", so that the mod files sit, and are loaded, after the default version in the game folders ...

If you already have a z mods folder, and want to use some bulge specific versions instead of those, call the bulge folder "zz", and anything in there will be used instead of the z folder, which was already instead of the default folder, etc etc ...

Or am I teaching my grandmother to suck eggs? :p
That's correct, that's why I mentioned adding a few 'z' s to the name of the folder :D
I couldn't have put it as eloquently as you PhilM :D

K

Kuderian

I am a big fan of operational campaigns and I also know how much work they are for the GM. So cheers Nathan for this campaign and how goes it?
p.s. Irish Rugby good result, footie not so good result.

Hedgehog

FGM Lieutenant General
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
5-8 games.
Email
ej.bradbury@ntlworld.com
@Nathangun Looking back at some of the old postings, I at to smile and perhaps get a little annoyed about comments on the same guys playing in T-C's, Poor old Nathangun as had a lot of trouble getting members to play in his next round, is it any surprise that leaders of these splendid games take the same players if they volunteer of course.....Also if members don't take the trouble to log in and check things out it's not surprising they are missed out......as a point of interest I would willingly step down from time to time allowing NEW members to take part, not all the time because I enjoy playing them,

R

Richtig

I'm with you Hedgehog - I play more games than most so would be happy to swap out with a newbie. This round the take up was very poor/slow.

Well done to Nathangun for running this tho.

K

kohlenklau

I only offered to scoop up extra battles so the turn doesn't stagnate....

Either way I am here for the duration!
2015 now...I figure we will have this wrapped up by around 2018 when my son heads off to college.

Perhaps we all meet in Bastogne, Belgium in December 2018 to celebrate the conclusion? :D

Zinzan

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
zinzan1963@googlemail.com
Hellloooooo 2016 :cheers::)

Errrmmmmm @Nathangun is this campaign still running, I know everything is busy after Xmas/New Year and the DOW tournament is getting people excited, but I'm still up for more battles (yes I am :confused:).

Just saying that this has been fun sso far and I'm still interested in playing - so people don't think no-one could be bothered. I appreciate all that ypou have done so far for the campaign.