Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Battlestar Galactica: Deadlock

Nice find, may have a look at this in a few months. Just concerned it may be somewhat limited in it's replayability (No real reason for this, probably just gut feeling).

Anyone gets this can they please post some comments (Ta)

Just downloaded it last night. Reading the manual and watching some u-tube of it this morning. Seems pretty cool. It has diplomacy (within the 12 colonies) ship building and leader selection/promotion. The tactical combat seems to be similar to Combat Mission. Plan a turn, watch it play out then plan another turn. At the conclusion of the battle I think your suppose to be able to replay the entire battle from the beginning to the end. Something I wish we could do in CM. I will start a campaign later today and post anything interesting I come across.

I have it and have only just started fooling around with it.
I'm loved Battlestar Galactica both as a kid and especially the latest version.
Seems a little slow to me so far, only 5-10? seconds of action per turn compared to the minute in CM.
But that is just after about a half hour or so and without reading any instructions....

Last edited:
Never been a BS fan.. just the one sci-fi I couldn't get into. However the game was developed in my local home town which is exceptionally rare so hats off to them. :) I do like the "replay" feature at the end of the battle and is top of my wishlist for CMx2. Would make YouTube'ing CM more appealing to many I think.

Well, bought this over a year ago. Messed around with it for a few hours and got a little frustrated. I am an impatient sort and when I discovered the game was not all that user friendly, and would require me to read up a bit, I found something new and shiny that was. BSG sat unused and unappreciated until just recently. With my sudden stop with my A.T.O.M. game I went looking for something to play and found the BSG shortcut in the lower right of my desktop. Fired her up and had to sit through a complete reinstall and a couple of very large patches (yeah, it had been a while).

I'm still only on tutorial scenario #3 and I'm here to tell ya' fighting the Cylons is not easy, even though I am playing on the <moron> difficulty setting. Game says enemy ships are not as aggressive and Colonial upkeep costs are less than "normal" on this setting. I'm not seeing a great benefit so far as enemy ships still shoot a lot and usually have the normal advantage in quantity. AI looks competitive. Again, still very early.

It is very attractive on the eye and the camera/zoom work very well. Work on fine tuning to your specs. Lots of <clicking> because there are a lot of things you need to consider directing your ships in 3D space. Initially it is a bit overwhelming which is kinda where I stopped last time. However, I've played enough now to where I'm better at recognizing what I see on screen and am thinking more about tactics than which key to hit. Almost all movement/control can be done via mouse/wheel which can be calibrated for ease of use. In fact, I don't think I use more than 2-3 hotkeys total. If you can get to this point then you will be on your way.

Already starting to take things personal and a hate for the "toasters" is building. Occasional reports to follow.

A few more hours in and I came theese > < close to moving on. Tutorial scenarios are (mostly) hard and boring. Colonial ships are primarily corvettes which are dog chow. Lowest ships on the totem pole and zero fun to play against even Cylon corvettes. Finally hit a real battle on Chapter 5. Got a couple of home grown frigates and went off the main story line into a little fight of my own choosing. Fell into a quantitative edge of 7-3 in MY favor. Well, wasn't that a bit o' fun!?

Still some parts I don't understand. Not sure how officers work yet. Time to actually read the 38 page single player manual I guess. "Did he say a manual?" "Yes. Yes, I believe he did!"

Did manage to upgrade my munitions a bit. Replaced my guided missiles with torpedoes. They're dumb, but from close range they are nasty indeed. Looking forward to unlocking my next ship upgrade. Maybe something that doesn't faint at the sight of incoming.

Well, may have been a bit hasty there about dissing the corvettes. Upon further review...the tutorial forces you to fight them in ways I doubt I will ever voluntarily do so again. Getting in a firefight with anything else is a bad idea, although you could use them as extra damage dealers by sending missiles into crippled enemy ships from a safe distance. What they are truly good for is active scouting. Excellent speed. Zoom around. Find something. Report contact. Run like hell. Yeah. My apologies to all you corvette lovers.

Current fleet consists of 4 corvettes and 3 frigates. Good formation for early game situations. Just started a mission and we've spotted 5 unknown contacts. Only five? Tally-Ho!

Last edited:
Great game. Officers allows you to get bigger fleets (most important) and some buffs while they go earning experience points.

Great game! :) (y)

Bought it in the 2019's christmas sale on Steam and I don't regret the purchase.
After playing the first training missions I also bought all DLC's and modules at once :D - can absolutely recommend it!
Watching the battle scenes multiple times in slow motion (1/4 of the normal game speed) is a pleasure. The graphics are fantastic!
The game mechanics is the same like in CM: Order phase, then 30 seconds action phase which can be repeated/replayed and watched from
every angle of the battlefield, ship etc.

Like in the "Total War" series there is a campaign resp. overview map on a strategic desk in a command room, on which you move and manage your fleets,
build new ships, promote officers etc.

(CM could use such a campaign map too - that would be great!)

As @mTk already said, Battlestar Galactica Deadlock is not easy to play (but I'm still a noob in this game).
It is very entertaining, it looks absolutely beautiful, it is exciting and a relentless time-eater. ;)

Just imagine that - I started playing a day after Christmas and now it's been already three weeks since Sylvester ...! :p:shockaroona:

But someone MUST stop the Cylons ... ! :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been up and down about getting this game; Now back on the up.
The idea of space ship armada tactical (Don't know what else to define it as) game really appealing. But have a really limited scope on this genre.
Would be cool to find somthing that's a little Combat Mission meets Command Modern Operations (aka CMNAO2).

this is a RTS which is totally different than BSG but is one of my favorite. great music soundtrack.

Back