Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Building and protection levels

Panzer_Freak

FGM Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
I have tried to fire at different building types (Red Thunder) and found out that paper thin wooden walls offers almost as good protection as brick walls. That is riddicolus and something I really hope they fix in coming updates. A normal house with wooden construction woould make a swiss cheese look solid if fired upon as much as I did in my tests. Only a few shots penetrated and no casaulties sustained for the defending group, only supression.

Yes, the skins on the building are not reflective of thier protection. Increasing levels of protection go from barns -> modular buildings -> independent buildings -> churches.

Given that you can mod the skins that is just how it is. Having said that it would be nice it the modular and independent buildings could be categorized and the skins labels as to match. Then there could be wood and brick that have different protection. Maybe someday.

Thanks for the info which category of buildings that have different protection levels. Yeah, in the instruction manual they could have simpel examples of skin type and protection level - much easier for green players to understand also.

That's the problem you point out though two buildings exactly the same but one with a wood skin and one with a stone skin offer the same protection. Which is not intuitive.

Yeah, exactly, I meant that if they changed it so it became logical they should also complement with pictures of different skin types in the maual as well - and describe what penterats what. This is actually the only thing that has really dissapointed me so far with this game. They really should fix this, it is quite "basic".

This is actually the only thing that has really dissapointed me so far with this game. They really should fix this, it is quite "basic".

Definitely agree. It's really a weak point in a game that places so much focus on ballistics, armour thickness and angles, etc.

Back