FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
ricoschacherl@gmail.com
I wondered about that. Could it be that a fragile state applies to that tank crew? My Nervous Nellie's never do what I ordered . . . :shocknaz:
Yeah, my whole Axis force is also at best nervous, at worst rattled ... and they're supposedly winning. :ROFLMAO:

I mad all the forces everything Regular ... so no hardened Veterans here.

MeatEtr

FGM Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
5-8 games.
Email
wings76@windstream.net
I think that's a lesson learned for Byte Battles.
  1. Smaller forces degrade more quickly
  2. Competitive matches should have veteran possibly crack forces to make up for that.
It's no fun watching one's pixeltruppen forgo opportunity fires observing and waiting.
Thats the thing, I've played a ton of these before and never seen it this bad. Probably gonna do some further testing and possibly submit a bug report. The TacAI is such a delicate thing to tweak, could be from the latest patch.

Meat Grinder

FGM Colonel
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
1-2 pw
Games
2-4 games.
I win. Good game, Mark ( @Badger73 ). I agree that higher quality forces would be more appropriate in these tiny battles. May I suggest Veteran troops with +1 morale? That is a good compromise, IMO, between troops that shit their pants once the bullets start flying and ubermensch.

Combat Mission Final Blitzkrieg Screenshot 2019.07.17 - 17.33.40.05.png

MeatEtr

FGM Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
5-8 games.
Email
wings76@windstream.net
as soon as I lost my greyhound my whole force was rattled.
I think it is probably because the force is so small to begin with any losses are harsh
Come to think of it, I did lose my Greyhound early on, along with my 105mm. But their not the HQ, my HQ got killed/surrendered later on, after this starting happening. Even still, losing HQ contact should only be a temp shaken thing. My 76er hasn't even taken small arms fire let alone cannon fire.

sspoom

FGM Company Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
5-8 games.
Come to think of it, I did lose my Greyhound early on, along with my 105mm. But their not the HQ, my HQ got killed/surrendered later on, after this starting happening. Even still, losing HQ contact should only be a temp shaken thing. My 76er hasn't even taken small arms fire let alone cannon fire.
My 76 commander then got his head splattered like a melon at a gallagher show and from then on it was down hill fast. 2 of my 3 shermans were in reverse when they died.
I also didn't make any situation saving moves.

MeatEtr

FGM Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
5-8 games.
Email
wings76@windstream.net
My 76 commander then got his head splattered like a melon at a gallagher show and from then on it was down hill fast. 2 of my 3 shermans were in reverse when they died.
I also didn't make any situation saving moves.
What a great analogy... now gotta post a pic of the infamous Gallagher! :D

I forgot Chappelle did a skit about him haha! :LOL:

SlySniper

FGM Company Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
I'm with you Meatetr.

The behavior is not acting correct .

I had my Stug pass up a flanking shot and back out of shooting a Sherman.

With only some friendly infantry losses so far. No fire on the stug at all, I rolled it into position the AI rolled it back out

So some adjustment seems to have created an unrealistic result for armor crews

mirekm61

FGM New Member
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
5-8 games.
Byłem bliski zajęcia obszaru w centrum i wygrania, ale nikt nie zauważył pozostałości piechoty ukrytej w domu.

Meat Grinder

FGM Colonel
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
1-2 pw
Games
2-4 games.
Byłem bliski zajęcia obszaru w centrum i wygrania, ale nikt nie zauważył pozostałości piechoty ukrytej w domu.
From Google Translate:

"I was close to occupying the area in the center and winning, but no one noticed the remains of infantry hidden in the house."

Yes, I would say that is an accurate assessment. I'm a gamey bastard, and I had infantry hidden in the central victory location. ;-)