Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Can't start new PBEMs after patch

rocketman

FGM Regimental Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Have any of you had problems starting PBEM QBs after patching the games? I, or my oppo, can start it and send the first save. But as soon as the other side tries to go past the password screen it crashes to desktop. Have tried in FI and BN. The same QB can be started in single player without problems.

Edit: title a bit misleading. Regards QBs only

Did you follow the advice here on how to install the patch when you're playing a pbem?

Thanks, but the problem occurs with newly started (after patched) QB PBEMs only AFAIK. In contact with a member of the beta team to see if we can get it sorted.

Elvis posted in the BFC forum that it is now a confirmed problem with QB PBEMs where "Human" is chosen to pick forces. Probably affects all games patched. Single player isn't a problem.

Yes, confirmed bug. I am not sure it is all games though. It was reported on CMBN, CMFI and CMRT and I could only reproduce it on CMFI an CMRT. Others with different QB settings see it on CMBN. At any rate we will be sure to check all the games - not sure we can cover all settings combinations though but a bunch anyway. :-(

Right, I got FB to work, but not BN.

Can you share a screen shot of the settings you used to start you failed BN game? Even though it failed the game will remember the last settings you had so just going to the new QB screen should have the same settings that failed - screen shot that or meticulously write everything down - which ever is easier.

Please

Can you share a screen shot of the settings you used to start you failed BN game? Even though it failed the game will remember the last settings you had so just going to the new QB screen should have the same settings that failed - screen shot that or meticulously write everything down - which ever is easier.

Please
It was my oppo who set it up so I have asked him for screenshots and will post them.

Can the version of BN be a cause? I bought the basic game on CD. And digital download of everything after that. I seem to recall that it installs in a slightly different way.

Can the version of BN be a cause? I bought the basic game on CD. And digital download of everything after that. I seem to recall that it installs in a slightly different way.
It shouldn't - in the end all the same binary bits end up in the same places. Who knows though - clearly something is going on. Charles will figure it out eventually.

There are no known issues with CMFB, CMBS or CMSF crashing on starting a PBEM. If you hit a problem take a screen shot of your QB settings. Hint the QB settings will be the same next time you go in, so, you can start a new QB and get the settings screen shot after the crash..
@Zahard and I started a new CMFB QB without any issues FYI

Back