Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

challenge match

Meat Grinder

FGM Lieutenant General
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
My good friend @Wellsonian has challenged me to a mirror match in CMFI Rome to Victory, which seems to be the latest offering from Big Time Software......yawn. This will require a purchase on my part, but whatever. All of Big Time Software, excuse me, Battlefront.com's offerings seem to me to be a rehash of, well, everything that they have done for the past several years.

But.....good times. I will certainly rise to this occasion, because.....kick ass!

Send me some lovin, @Wellsonian.

D.

All of Big Time Software, excuse me, Battlefront.com's offerings seem to me to be a rehash of, well, everything that they have done for the past several years.

Yep. You said it. Not sure what the big deal is with the latest module. I really want to be excited about it, but I honestly can't.

I wonder if they have someone over at Battlefront who knows how to build maps. I played one of the new CMBN maps recently. The defender could see the attacker's entire force in its set up zone at the start of the game. Takes all the mystery and fun out of it.

@Wellsonian , be patient. I did buy Rome to Victory today, but am having a difficult time reinstalling CMFI. As you know, I recently built a new gaming PC, and the only CM game that I have bothered to reinstall since the rebuild has been CMFB. I know that I have purchased (or been given a free copy through being a beta tester) every WW2 CM game/module/bundle/upgrade/whathaveyou. This CMFI reinstall has turned into a laughable nightmare of downloads, finding my original DVD copies of Gustav Line, trying to find old activation codes, ad nauseam. I'm done for the day. Working the next three. I'll try again Tuesday. Perhaps they can send me some floppy disks via pony express.

Last edited:
@Wellsonian , be patient. I did buy Rome to Victory today, but am having a difficult time reinstalling CMFI. As you know, I recently built a new gaming PC, and the only CM game that I have bothered to reinstall since the rebuild has been CMFB. I know that I have purchased (or been given a free copy through being a beta tester) every WW2 CM game/module/bundle/upgrade/whathaveyou. This CMFI reinstall has turned into a laughable nightmare of downloads, finding my original DVD copies of Gustav Line, trying to find old activation codes, ad nauseam. I'm done for the day. Working the next three. I'll try again Tuesday. Perhaps they can send me some floppy disks via pony express.

Understood. I went through that nightmare when I built my PC and transferred from MAC. No rush.

I must be a preferred customer. Kudos to John Costello on BFC help desk duty today. He waved his magic wand and made all my CMFI troubles disappear. I now seem to be good to go.

@Wellsonian , feel free to setup the mirror match over the weekend, and invite me to a new dropbox folder with the two new turn 001s. I'll get back to you Tuesday.

I'm sure you are ready to avenge yourself after our last game. ;-)

Back