Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Clock go back ....UK

LOL!

Serious question though, does the UK do the time change (spring forward, fall back) thing? All U.S. states except Arizona and Hawaii do it, and, to be honest, I wish they would just leave it the same all year.

LOL!

Serious question though, does the UK do the time change (spring forward, fall back) thing? All U.S. states except Arizona and Hawaii do it, and, to be honest, I wish they would just leave it the same all year.

We do.

Hands up who wants to come to the school where I work to help put all the clocks back an hour this weekend?

By coincidence, CA has a proposition on next month's elections that proposes remaining on Daylight Savings Time permanently. Apparently, switching back and forth causes much stress among us old people, rendering me 25% more susceptible to heart attacks. Not to mention the terror children must go through having to wake up in the morning to find it still dark outside.

Actually, if passed, the prop only allows for the State Legislature to take the whole matter under advisement...to be voted down at a later date. :geek:

By coincidence, CA has a proposition on next month's elections that proposes remaining on Daylight Savings Time permanently. Apparently, switching back and forth causes much stress among us old people, rendering me 25% more susceptible to heart attacks. Not to mention the terror children must go through having to wake up in the morning to find it still dark outside.

Actually, if passed, the prop only allows for the State Legislature to take the whole matter under advisement...to be voted down at a later date. :geek:
Watch this space...….. The big point here is for the kids going to school in the dark so changing the clocks helps that problem :D;)

Last edited:
LOL!

Yes we do the spring and autumn (fall) the same as the US …. The big point here is for the kids going to school in the dark so changing the clocks helps that problem

This year there was a kind of referendum among the EU citizens (largest portion who responded were Germans) about keeping Summer-/Wintertime. Majority voted to abandone it. But which time to keep? The summertime or the wintertime? It seems that already some of the countries in the EU favour summertime. Drawback of summertime is that it gets light late in the winter (around 9AM where I live) but in summer it gets dark around 10:30PM.

I say let's all revert to the roman calendar..........:sofa::sofa::sofa:

Back