Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

CM:Battle for Normandy General Discussion

CM:Norm is almost as good as CMBB was when it came out. I am slowly appreciating the detail the put in the game. I was watching a sunset in the game yesterday while the tanks were burning.

Warning! Warning Will Robinson!
Facman and I started up a "large" scenario and my Comcast e-mail was unable to handle the file size as an e-mail attachment.
I looked around at some of the "drop-bucket" type programs, but settled on his recommendation to merely open up a Gmail account.
Was VERY easy to do and seems to easily handle large file transfers. How large? The last was over 17MB! Really? Yep. If I'm lyin' I'm dyin'!
You may wish to start making preparations.

Scenario files can get MUCH bigger than that, believe me. Alreay were in CMSF. Haven't found the upper edge of the filesize yet, but I believe for big battles one can expect ~30MB in size.

recommendation to merely open up a Gmail account.
Not a bad idea to open a Gmail account.
I have started a Gmail account, haven't had to use it yet.
The largest file was <8MB, so far.

I tried to like CMx1 but could wrap my head around it.

First time in CM:BN Total Victory in all the tutorials. I wasn't trying to micromanage the units just let them do what they do and guide them.

After doing this I went and purchased the CM:SF +exp's and it is just as good but deadlier.

I will sell my CMx1's to anyone who will pay cause have no use for them. I read all of poor 'ol spikes stuff and still didn't like CMx1 too tedious for each unit to use winning tactics.

Please do not hold this against me it is just the way it didn't work for me - and I tried more then I should have.

I'm 52 and came to wargaming from the board games and C64.

I think every here as CMx1. We usually give games away around here.

I think I will not be playing CM1 anymore but I will keep it on my shelf :) I think I am a little bit sentimental :)

Back