Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

CM Helper/Drop Box, possible difficulties in game engine compatibility identified . I would appreciate some advice.

Alien Heat

FGM Lance Corporal
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Being new to the site I have followed the advice on the CM Helper and Dropbox threads in preparation for engaging in some PBEM battles, all seems to be well but I am concerned that the CM Helper insists that I only have the CMBS base version V103 and the CM Helper log stops at
.... do you have CMBS V1.03
..... looking for black sea v103
.... yep, you have it!

However when I look in the installation executable file C:\Program Files (x86)\Battlefront\Combat Mission Black Sea\Data the files V104,V200 and V210 are there but don't register in the log.
When I open the game to play it the front screen shows the v210 Game Engine 4 and the Battle Pack Icon

Apart from being confused I am wondering if is will this cause the games files to be incompatible with an opponent?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

I'm not very good at IT but one thing you may try is maybe make sure the Root Directory is correct.
In H2H click on Installs - Edit Installs and make sure the instillation root directory is correct.
It's a lame suggestion but it's the best I got.
:unsure:

Being new to the site I have followed the advice on the CM Helper and Dropbox threads in preparation for engaging in some PBEM battles, all seems to be well but I am concerned that the CM Helper insists that I only have the CMBS base version V103 and the CM Helper log stops at
.... do you have CMBS V1.03
..... looking for black sea v103
.... yep, you have it!

However when I look in the installation executable file C:\Program Files (x86)\Battlefront\Combat Mission Black Sea\Data the files V104,V200 and V210 are there but don't register in the log.
When I open the game to play it the front screen shows the v210 Game Engine 4 and the Battle Pack Icon

Apart from being confused I am wondering if is will this cause the games files to be incompatible with an opponent?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

As a long-time user of CMH, I think I'm correct in saying that CMH itself needs to be updated to look for the relevant updated versions of the game: although it looks to the user as if it is doing so, it cannot independently search your game directories to discover newly updated game versions that it is not aware of already (if that makes sense!) ...

However, I'm fairly certain that that process is there mainly as a check to point out if you don't have installed a later version of the game of which it is aware, but you don't have?

It should (always has in the past for me) nevertheless still handle normally files from those later versions it's not aware of ... as long as those game files as still in the usual CM filing structure in the specified location for the base game title.

The compatibility with opponents thing is not a problem: the game version of the save file is determined solely by CM itself, and not by CMH, or by whether CHM "knows" the current version of the game.

In short, I'm fairly sure that it should still just work!

Thank you all for the sound advice and explanations which have cleared up the confusion around the relationship between CMH, CM and game versions
It looks like the best course of action is to give it ago.

Back