CM Helper Help!

Swank

FGM Lance Corporal
So... my CM Helper is not loading and a window pops up with the following error message.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 6, in <module>
File "__main__.py", line 128, in <module>
File "__main__cmh__.py", line 125, in <module>
File "controller.py", line 51, in __init__
File "appstate.py", line 52, in __init__
File "permadict.py", line 29, in __init__
File "permadict.py", line 79, in load
ValueError: File not in a supported format

I tried deleting and re-installing but no change.

Any thoughts?

p.s. manually moving files is such a chore.

Mad Mike

FGM Lieutenant
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
5-8 games.
From another thread: http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/threads/cm-helper-is-broken-up.25792/

CM Helper sometimes has a problem like the one you described. It happens very seldom (maybe once per year).

To fix this problem, it is usually enough to close CMH and delete the following file (copied from the log you provided in your post):

C:\\Users\\Jaroslav\\AppData\\Roaming\\GreenAsJade\\CMHelper\\AppState.txt

Then restart CMH and it should work again, without any problems. CMH will just create a new AppState.txt when starting (if there is no pre-existing one), so you don't have to worry about deleting it. Worth a try before you begin uninstalling / re-installing everything.

@Shane @Ithikial

Maybe make this a sticky thread, since it keeps being asked regularly?

Dallmaier

FGM New Member
Small background software using up precious space in the taskbar. :mad: Is there a way to minimize CMH into systray (Win10)?

Badger73

FGM SITE OVERSEER
ADMIN
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Small background software using up precious space in the taskbar. :mad: Is there a way to minimize CMH into systray (Win10)?
Do you mean the Taskbar (Win10 menu bar on the the bottom of your desktop screen)? If so,
  1. In the folder containing the CMHelper executable (*.exe file), right click on that file exe file name
  2. In the right clicked window menu, move cursor over "Send to".
  3. Select "Desktop" (create shortcut). This creates a CMHelper application icon on your desktop. Move it where you want.
  4. Right click the CMHelp icon created in step #3.
  5. In the right clicked window menu, left click "Pin to Taskbar". This creates a CMHelper icon in your taskbar to maximize or minimize as desired.
Is that the droid you seek?

Badger73

FGM SITE OVERSEER
ADMIN
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Right. Even though your post said "systray", I wanted to be certain that is indeed what you meant. (I know people who confuse the two.) I think M$osft disabled this kind of System Tray customization with Win10.
The Taskbar may be your only option for customizing visible apps management. Please let us know if you find a way to do this in the System Tray. Good luck.