Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

CM licensing question

Wellsonian

FGM Captain
FGM MEMBER
I’m sure one of you fine folks here at FGM will know the answer to this question.....I am about ready to upgrade my computer and am thinking of going back to a PC (I have an iMac). Please, this is not a PC vs Mac thread. God no.
My question is will I have to rebuy all my CM games under windows? I seem to remember that when I have reinstalled a game, it gave me the option to check mark windows versions as well. Does the license cover the game regardless of the OS, as long as the 5 installs rule isn’t exceeded? Thanks in advance!

<snip>
I am about ready to upgrade my computer and am thinking of going back to a PC (I have an iMac).
<snip>
My question is will I have to rebuy all my CM games under windows?
<snip>
Does the license cover the game regardless of the OS, as long as the 5 installs rule isn’t exceeded? Thanks in advance!

As of engine update 4 all games are licensed on Mac or Windows with the same key. It used to be that the keys were not the same but now they are. And if you run out of activations you can still contact support and have more added to your account. That limit is not there to stop actual customers from installing the game on new machines / upgrading machines. Its there so if a key get leaked out they don't endup with a thousand installs.

Very sexy. But not what I am looking to spend. I am going to get a desktop, and might just piece it together. The key is that it must have room to upgrade. That was my one main issue with my trusty iMac.

Very good reasons to get a desktop system instead of laptop. Start with a good case and power supply then fill in from there. I'm very happy with Antec Product cases.

Just a thought, I use my 42" TV and a wireless keyboard. I relax in a Lazyboy and play CM. My sound then runs through a Bose "Cinemate" system. I find it very nice although playing other games that require up close scrutiny of the screen is difficult. May possibly upgrade to a larger TV in the future.

Just a thought, I use my 42" TV and a wireless keyboard. I relax in a Lazyboy and play CM. My sound then runs through a Bose "Cinemate" system. I find it very nice although playing other games that require up close scrutiny of the screen is difficult. May possibly upgrade to a larger TV in the future.

While drinking Corona's with a lemon. You sir, think outside the box!

Definitely can get a bigger TV there @Buckykatt . Have you seen how inexpensive big TVs are now? I have a 47" Sony that I bought a few years ago, and it is dwarfed by the 60 something inch TV my nephew just bought and he paid less than I paid for mine.
Yeah I hear ya MG, I'm a bit limited on size as you can see here. My son welded up this TV mount that swivels around so we can sit in different places in the room and still see the TV. Our house is quite small (1120 sq ft upstairs) so I had to be creative with the TV location But I do want to go bigger. I have a difficult time sitting down and playing games using a monitor, my neck gets sore from it. IMG_8950.JPGIMG_8951.JPG

Back