Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

CM reinstall gone wrong

eniced73

FGM Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Need some help, guys. Have a Help Desk Ticket in but have yet to hear anything.

I just bought an ASUS ROG laptop. I downloaded the CM games using the Combat Mission Upgrade 4 Big Bundle. I see there is two sets of files, one for the full install and one for the upgrade. I downloaded and unzipped the full install for each game to my external hard drive. I tried to unzip them to the laptop and then install. They all installed without a problem. But when I try to start the game or the activation program it goes to a CM.exe error. I cannot even bring up a flash screen or anything.

I then tried these same files on my home PC in which I had deleted CM a couple months ago. They all installed fine and also I was able to play without reactivating any of them.

The only one that I had a flash of hope on the laptop was Black Sea. I did get it to install and activate but then I started screwing around with the display settings and screwed something up. I uninstalled and then tried again but now keep getting the error above.

I am hoping this is just a case of clearing out my activations. Does anyone have any insight or help on this?

Thanks.

The fact that the same installs work on one machine and not the other means I would focus on the troublesome machine itself. Start with the obvious - Windows updates, video driver updates. But a very likely cause is anti virus. What AV are you using on that machine?

Also Win10 has no trouble with installing CM wherever you want - I never install to the default location and never have a problem.

Back