Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

CMBN DAR - No Nathangun's allowed

T

Tyson Pearsall

This is my thread for my DAR that Nathangun and I have started up. We are playing on the map 2x2, by: NormanD (Pete Wenman), which can be found in the battlefront repository.

I will probably be doing a combination of a few screen shots and some videos. I don't see any rules against posting videos here so I'm hoping that I'm not breaking any, though I assume this is fine.

We chose our forces within the range of 12,000-13,000 points and gave the following limitations:

30% armor
5-10% non-organic artillery
10-15% light armor/halftracks/recon vehicles

as well as the 3/1 rule regarding big cats for the Axis/TD's for the Allies.

I am playing as the Americans and Nathangun will be playing as the Germans. I've invited him to start a DAR from his perspective but regardless of his decision, I will be carrying out this DAR for the duration of our battle.

Hope you enjoy watching as much as I will enjoy playing. :)

First video I've done, be nice to me and light on the criticism :). I apologize in advance, it is quite hard to hear my voice in the video. I went a bit lengthy for just an overview/analysis but I'll try and keep it short next time and dabble with some editing.

I will try and do a combination of action pictures/videos, as well as an overview video covering several turns at a time, though this will take more time and effort, hopefully it will be more enjoyable.

007 complete. Only two minutes into the battle and we have action already.

007%20-%202nd%20Recon%20KOs%20support%20track_zpsgl7gv8uy.png

Recon's 2nd Section at de Moine, the M8's make contact with a support halftrack and score two hits knocking the track out. At the end of the turn there is a large armor contact spotted behind the support track, no knowledge of what it is just yet. Will have to re-position. 37mm's will be unlikely to do any damage from the front.

007%20-%20ACHTUNG%20Panther_zpscfy1krbp.png

Recon's 1st Section gets a spot on a Panther climbing the SE hill approaching Giverny ridge, as well as (though tough to see in this picture) a halftrack filled with infantry - likely Panzergrenadiers.

Followed by a second spot on a Panzer IV, climbing the same hill, though in the middle of a field.
007%20-%20ACHTUNG%20Panzer_zpsfguheuqb.png

007%20-%20ACHTUNG%20Panzer_zpsfguheuqb.png

Meanwhile, one of the 75mm Sherman's allocated to 1st Battalion has made it up to a farm house in hopes to get some eyes on the opposite river valley and lay some fire down on any motorized units making their way across the map. A shot comes in and hits low onto the ground just in front of the sherman. The 75mm then spots a regular halftrack and returns fire, landing a bit high into the trees behind it.
007%20-%20Shot%20on%2075mm%20Sherman%20misses%20low_zpscbab81k1.png

A few short seconds later -just before the end of the turn-, a second shot strikes the weapon mount and knocks out our main gun, smoke mortar and our coax MG.
007%20-%20Shot%20on%2075mm%20Sherman%20-%20partial%20penetration_zpsk1eb3an0.png

007%20-%20Shot%20on%2075mm%20Sherman%20-%20partial%20penetration_zpsk1eb3an0.png

Not far away on our side of the valley we identify a support track - likely reconnaissance - headed towards our recon platoon.
007%20-%20support%20halftrack%20reconnitering%20into%20central%20valley_zpsfaer7amp.png

At the end of the turn, 1st platoon of 1 Battalion's E Company, has 2 squads on the outskirts of de Moine, and will disembark and close on the objective at the start of next turn.
007%20-%201st%20platoon%20E%20Company%20109%20ready%20to%20unload%20at%20de%20Moine%20v2_zpspspjpxng.png

007%20-%201st%20platoon%20E%20Company%20109%20ready%20to%20unload%20at%20de%20Moine%20v2_zpspspjpxng.png

While F Company advances on foot to a location hidden behind the crest of Hill 401, to wait in reserve.
007%20-%20F%20Company%20109%20moving%20to%20reserve%20location_zpspvg8m3e7.png

Our positions at the end of file 007 look like this
007%20-%20overview%20of%20map_zpswsuwh0i3.png

007%20-%20overview%20of%20map_zpswsuwh0i3.png

Uploading action shots to youtube now and will post as soon as they become available.

EDIT. Don't know what I did wrong on the pictures. Will try to fix here asap.

FINAL EDIT: Fixed

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know what I'm doing wrong here. I'm using the same method to upload pictures that I have before for the OOC battles I've done - I think. I click image, then insert the URL that I copy-pasted from my photobucket link. What am I missing?

Can someone lend me a hand here please, either by posting or pm?

Last edited by a moderator:
@Tyson Pearsall I had a similar problem. I use Firefox most times but had a problem copying the links in Photobucket using Firefox. I used Chrome to copy the image link and it worked.

Next video should be ready here shortly. Last turn I lost another gun, 76mm this time, and my recon came into contact with one of his support tracks, presumably reconnaissance as well. Our .50 cal jeep was KO'ed. I've decided to stick with just doing the video this time around, and we'll probably keep with that for the remainder, which will make for less posting.

Nice video. I like the vignettes of the turn's action at the end. Sux you lost your 76mm, and I totally agree about not being able to get the units driving a vehicle out easily without having to waste a whole turn for them to disembark.

That map looks awesome! I love gigantic matches like this, it always feels like you're playing several battles at once. Good luck!

This one was a bit rushed but I'll try and get a few up this weekend.

Back