Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

CMBN...does it gives you your combat fix?

W

Wilhelm Mohnke

Gentz, I dont own yet BN but will buy it asap for sure...I have some Q's no video review can answer so far.

Wont ask if is it better than CM1.

The main reason I play CM is for the feeling of it, its raw, simple and uber violent if orchestrated correctly, the tanks give you the feeling of metal and weight due to armor values and such, bullets, explosions and all gives me my combat fix...so BN packs the punch?

I ask this because this game remainds me of TOW and that game didnt gave me even a minimal shiver, CM1 does big time adn increscendo.

So if you feel my question please let me know your thoughts.

cheers!

Not quite sure what you're talking about exactly, but download the demo and try to advance your men through an artillery barrage - then you'll know if it's "brutal" enough.

Does my naming each pixeltruppen and imagining a beer with them mean it's more personal?:)

Quite often you can see man shooting at wounded enemy from close range - it is a brutal war here !

I love the armor combat, and the way tank crews meet their fate after bailing out, or shoot the offending infantry AT team to pieces at close range with pistols and SMGs. It is amazingly violent. In fact, I would let the kids watch CMx1 all day since it's pretty abstract, not so much with CMBN, not so much at all!!!

nice feedback thank you all, ok so it seems that I will have my fix...

Hope to see tons of mods, the visuals are stunning and a whole bunch of urban maps!

Will buy it today, have any of you guys downloaded the game? or just bought the cd?

I got it now...I know what was bugging me, CMBN looks to clean with beautiful rural landscapes! I am used to the visual chaos, destruction, fire and sometimes grim feeling of BB maps, so I guess is a matter of time untill some world/terrain mods surface, right?

Quite some time if you ask me - textrues work very differently in CMx2 and modding has become much more work than before, especially vehicles...

I'm playing my first PBEM and I had set an ambush with an AT gun using a covered arc. My opp had been moving a platoon of infantry cautiously along my flank, using hedges for protection on his right. He had his squads moving along one behind the other. My AT was in position to eyeball the whole platoons movements as they presented an inviting target. The gun put a single 50mm HE round right into the center of the lead squad.

The single blast left a dozen or more Allied casualties instantly. I re-watched it several times to try and count how many red crosses appeared momentarily and counted more than a dozen. One shot and a dozen casualties, WOW!

Hey USS I resemble that remark............ And it's all part of a cleverly masked misdirection . (Slamming head onto desk yet one more time)
And what type of perverted, warped,inhumane person would rewatch the demise of over a dozen men? Have you no shame man?????

Back