Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

CMBN : SILENCE THE GUNS : VIDEO AFTER ACTION REPORT

Ithikial

FGM 2ND IN COMMAND
Staff member
Reaction score

Third attempt at video editing after a couple of issues. (Third time's the charm). Still learning the software. Brief AAR from the CMBN base game with some introductory remarks regarding the game series for the newbies.

Enjoy and any comments appreciated. Looking to do more video AAR's of larger scenarios later. Any tips on which scenarios?

Awesome.

LOVE to see CM videos, especially long ones, there's far too few out there.

The armchair general tactics series was superb, must have watched each video a half dozen times at least.

Looking forward to seeing any other video AAR's you make. As for suggestions, have you considered a multiplayer QB? I haven't played multi with CMx2 yet, but I would LOVE to see a turn-based HvH QB video AAR, with your ongoing commentary recorded during the battle. Moreso a QB then a scenario because I've played all the scenarios already. I would rather play vs the AI my self rather then watching someone else play vs the AI. Vs a human opponent, neither you the player, nor I the viewer, would have absolutely any idea what could potentially happen in the battle, and I would thoroughly enjoy seeing how you react to an unexpected ambush, or tank charge, or whatever fiendish device your opponent might employ.. ;-)

Thanks mate.

P.S. Loved that Brecourt Manor, although when I played through practically all my guys ran out of ammo halfway through clearing the trenches out... I don't think Captain Winters would have approved of my timid tactics... lol

Cheers Lawrence and Lighthorse. My work schedule is hectic but will still try to make time to do more. I may ask my current Overlord Campaign opponent if it is alright to use our battle that's just started. @Capt. Ayers you there. :D Come to think of it, editing together PBEM files would be considerably easier rather than recording one play through and then editing down.The CMFI game I mentioned was a larger quick battle but I stuffed up the mic and the AI was very very stupid so it really wasn't a good show. When Youtube gave me upload errors two times in a row I think it was a sign.

I may ask my current Overlord Campaign opponent if it is alright to use our battle that's just started. @Capt. Ayers you there. :D Come to think of it, editing together PBEM files would be considerably easier rather than recording one play through and then editing down

That sounds like a great idea.

With a hectic work schedule it would be essential to find a method that is methodical, time sparing, and efficient. Recording a commentary while watching and replaying a single PBEM turn, you could create a single commentated video for that one turn, or one minute of gameplay. The next day after work, you could load up the next PBEM movie from your opponent, record an overlapping commentary, and create another tiny minute long movie. In a week, you would have enough tiny movies to string together to form a 7-10 movie of individually commentated turns. You could then upload that larger movie to Youtube for everyone to enjoy.

It's just a thought, you'd have to find what works best for you, but that seems like an effective way to breakup the burdensome chore of commentating long videos into smaller, more bite size morsels. I remember hearing someone say that it takes x3-x6 times the length of a youtube video to make one all factors considered, so a 30 minute video takes 1.5 - 3 hours to produce real time. Creating an individual commentary for each PBEM movie, then stringing them together afterwards might stagger the time crunch into a pleasant 10 minutes a day rather then a numbing 3-4 hour video making marathon session one raining Sunday afternoon... Or in your case, one blistering, sweltering, bone blanching Sunday in Perth. ;-)

Keep it up, the community needs a cadre of talented movies makers, raise the battle standard and lead the charge! ;-)

Back