Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

CMFI Africa Mod

K

kohlenklau

Read the thread at BFC forums if you want.
http://community.battlefront.com/topic/121700-north-africa-mini-mod/

I am using many images from CMSF plus mods from various folks and ones I have done myself.

Here is the link to my CMFI Africa Mini Mod dropbox.

Please help yourself.

Might still be uploading as my internet connection is slow as maple syrup in January.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/v679vm8rukgk9qh/AABllXmGqJSxCU3MVFyXXlbba?dl=0

This will be a slowly evolving work in progress with stuff added as it gets developed.

I will now be tagging all mods as [africa] but eventually might have a non-tagged version to put in a 2nd install for QB enablement.

The dropbox folder now includes:

1. the new desert horizons tagged ][africa]

2. Egger's DAK kubelwagen tagged as [africa].

3. Egger's DAK Opel Blitz tagged as [africa].

4. A modtag text file africa.txt which says africa in the body. Place that in your scenario folder and import to any battle you want to be a North African battleground.

More to follow!

Last edited by a moderator:
You can take palm trees and some arab buildings from the cmsf, the typical dessert air sound could be neccesary for an appropiate environment.
About tropical uniforms, you have them in the Gustav Line module.

I do not have CMSF so I have asked for some help to borrow an mdr file for one of the flat roofed buildings that looks to fit in a 1940's wargame.

I couldn't help you because I don't have the game, but you have a free demo with all the dessert enviroment:
http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=42&Itemid=78
a22_0001.jpg

a16_0001.jpg

Just so you know, I tried to use CMSF palm trees in CMFI/GL, but they are a different size and I couldn't get them to work. But that was a long time ago and I was not very experienced, so maybe if I just resized them....

Also, LongLeftFlank (I think it was him) did a Pacific mod for CMBN about 4 years ago. I have the mod still, and it had palms IIRC. I'll check that too.

Ramcke FJs will be coming soon (I hope...still a lot of RL issues that love to interrupt my CM enjoyment).

@mjkerner
When you used palm trees from the CMSF to the CMFI, you copied the .bmp files (colour) and the .mdr (shape) or only the .bmp .....
You need both of them and It's very recomendable to get the normal map ones too.
Yes, I've read about the Pacific mod, very creative.

Fantastic, flat roofed buildings :)
And the palm trees?, remember you need the .mdr and the .bmp files.

Fantastic work !!!
Of course, tell me, what vehicles do you need?
I don't like those perfect litle walls and you need the typical wind sound of the dessert (you can use the normal wind sound for that).

waclaw did 2 sound mods already, they are in the dropbox.

How about a 250/3 Ausf C with red "GREIF" on the side? :D Or also a Flak 88. Thanks!

Ok, I'm going to reinstall my CMFI :)
A little doubt ..... the Sdkfz 250/3 with red "greif" at the side, was the Rommel's halftrack ..... with this mod, all the 250/3 are going to be like that, so if you want it in a scenario, you only must to put one.

Yes, I understand. Make the basic tan version of the 250/3 modtagged [africa] and THEN make a special version with GREIF photoshop layer [africa rommel] for special scenarios. Good idea?

Do you want to try some British scout cars also? Whatever you want and have time for! Thanks very much.

Back