Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

CMFI - Rome to Victory Pre-orders ready to download

Badger73

One of the Few
FGM MEMBER
It appears that the long awaited CMFI R2V module is released today. Those who've pre-ordered, look for the following email from Battlefront.
  • CM Fortress Italy v210 Update.pkg is for Mac users.
  • CM Fortress Italy v210 Update.rar is for MSoft Windows
===============================================================================================

Sent: Friday, November 29, 2019 1:38 PM
Subject:Your Rome to Victory Pre-order is ready to be downloaded!

Hello loyal and patient Combat Mission Fortress Italy gamer!

The long wait for our unexpectedly delayed module, Rome to Victory, is now at an end. The download link for your pre-ordered copy of the Rome to Victory module is below. There are 2 links below. Use the link that is most appropriate for you.

If you have a fully functional version of Combat Mission Fortress Italy Game Engine 4 that is installed through the 2.02 patch installed on your computer you should download the smaller installer below. After installing the download use the Activate New Products utility on your desktop and enter the Rome to Victory license key that is in your account on the Battlefront.com and the confirmation email when you pre-ordered the module to activate the module.

https://battlefront.sharefile.com/d-s5053bf0726c4c5d8

Below is the full game all-in-one installer. The full installer contains *all* Combat Mission Fortress Italy content which means you should always use this installer if you ever need to start over (new computer, corrupted install, etc.) or if this is your first installation of CMFI. The older installers should not be used again as they are out of date. Once installed, use the Activate New Products Utility on your desktop and enter the license key that came with your order if your order was for the CMFI Big Bundle. Otherwise, us the following keys to activate your game: Upgrades keys (3.0 and 4.0), Modules (Gustav Line and/or Rome to Victory), or Bundles, repeat the process for each key. You can enter the keys in any order.

https://battlefront.sharefile.com/d-s0fdf30433404d219

We do apologize for the long wait. However, we think you'll be happy we took the time to do it right. But now it's done and ready to enjoy.

As always, thanks for your support. Have fun!
Battlefront.com Team

Sanity check! Help me FGM, you're my only hope. o_O

My game is installed on my D drive and I pointed the installer to D for updating to R2V. My CMFI/GL game data files are also on D in a "documents" folder. However, after installing R2V, the game now points to a C drive documents directory for battles and campaigns. I think that's an unintended change. What do you guys remember?

Look at the Rome to Victory Pre-orders thread and tell me if I'm mistaken. Thanks!

Last edited:
Sanity check! Help me FGM, you're my only hope. o_O

My game is installed on my D drive and I pointed the installer to D for updating to R2V. My CMFI/GL game data files are also on D in a "documents" folder. However, after installing R2V, the game now points to a C drive documents directory for battles and campaigns. I think that's an unintended change. What do you guys remember?

Look at the Rome to Victory Pre-orders thread and tell me if I'm mistaken. Thanks!
Im on Win7, not sure if its the same on Win10. But those scenarios/cam files have always been in the users/documents folder no matter where you install your CM games. Only exception to this is CMBN, all files are where you choose to install it.

Yo, @MeatEtr - I think I've merged my CMFI "Game" files correctly now but noticed that the French army is greyed out in my QB selection screen.
Question: What are the QB date(s) and location(s) settings needed to make the French forces appear? Thanks.

Have a look in the PDF manual, page 7. There is a table showing when units are available month to month and with which CMFI module.

I activated the module but I cannot find the file to be extracted..it’s been awhile since I did this so I am probably missing a small detail

I activated the module but I cannot find the file to be extracted..it’s been awhile since I did this so I am probably missing a small detail

I don't have it yet, so I could be wrong, but I think there is no download. If you have CMFI 4.2, you already have all the files you need. Remember the grayed out areas? Those should be active now.

I don't have it yet, so I could be wrong, but I think there is no download. If you have CMFI 4.2, you already have all the files you need. Remember the grayed out areas? Those should be active now.
I had no grayed out areas, I’m assuming I have 4.2 it’s 2.02 on the splash page isn’t it?

As long as you updated your CMFI (2G patch) then you have everything. Just run the "Activate new product" utility found in your install folder or maybe a shortcut on the desktop. Then put in your R2V key and your done.

What's with the two different downloads then?
  • One is "If you have a fully functional version of Combat Mission Fortress Italy Game Engine 4 that is installed through the 2.02 patch installed on your computer you should download the smaller installer".
  • The other is "the full game all-in-one installer "
My life would have been so much easier if I could have just "activated" R2V . . .

As long as you updated your CMFI (2G patch) then you have everything. Just run the "Activate new product" utility found in your install folder or maybe a shortcut on the desktop. Then put in your R2V key and your done.
I put in my code and “Activated“ the module, I achieved “success“ but the game isn’t updated.

I originally had Game Engine 4 patched to v2.02.

I downloaded, unzipped and installed from a file "CM Fortress Italy v210 Windows Update". I then Activated. The installation appears to have put five new files into my Data directory amongst other files and changed the patch number to v2.1 on the start screen.

Seems to be working ok.

ifPsN41.png

Back