Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

CMFI: SIX NATIONS CUP -- tourney idea

My newest CM tourney idea ... seeing the Six Nations Rugby competition just completed.

Set using CMFI in July 1943 (Sicily invasion -- one of my fave periods and comes with great-looking maps and terrain.) ... six two-man teams fight it out in round-robin TINY QB battles (or second option discussed below), every Round every battles uses the same QB map.

"Six Nations" are:
  1. British
  2. Canadian
  3. USA
  4. German Wehrmacht
  5. German Luftwaffe
  6. Italians
BATTLES:

1. Each team has two players -- one plays attack, the other defense.

2. Battles are Attacks or Probes. (open for discussion) -- we can also go with ME battles if players prefer.

3. Two versions of the QB map for each Round with reversed set up zones.

4. Scores for each battle added together:

Total Vict 8
Maj Vict 7
Tact Vict 6
Min Vict 5
Draw 4
Min Def 3
Tact Def 2
Maj Def 1
Tot Def 0

Winner is the team with most points after playing all the opponents.

Suggested restrictions:

1. Normal battles are armour/infantry mix -- for some level of fairness, the battles involving Italians are INFANTRY ONLY. (could also get a % bonus -- up for discussion)

2. NO Tigers for the Germans (I think the Luftwaffe side has them available in this period, not sure)

If there are no masochists volunteering to play the Italians, I'll take them ... would then need a partner to join me for a lark (and play tourney spoilers ;) )

Whatcha think?

Workable?

@Bootie @Ithikial @Badger73

Last edited:
Problem is NZ is not in the 6 nations if it was we would clean up...Perhaps get rid of the Canadians and replace them with the New Zealanders

Do you mean it will be British VS British, German VS German etc.? I'm not too keen on blue on blue games.

ME, ME, ME...
(Sorry)
PICK ME,

(So-Sorry)
Pleeeeeeeeese SIR picks meeeeeeee!!!!!
(Oh: Just stop now)
I'd not mind giving this a go - quite happy to play the Italians, I like a challenge - just ask my significant other :eek:

@Rico - as does @Bulletpoint, I would prefer historical match-ups;
  • British / Italians
  • Canadian / Wehrmacht
  • USA / Luftwaffe
So, with six teams, is this tournament limited to 12 players? How are those players assigned their team-mates?

I hadn’t thought about that yet — how players sign up for the teams... the idea popped into my head on Saturday morning and looked like it might be fun, so I posted it here to gauge interest and responses.

If we stick to historical match ups then the whole idea is moot.

Go as ahistorical as necessary to make this work. (y)

german-women-nazi-second-world-war-ww2-amazing-rare-pictures.jpg

Well, OF COURSE its me to discuss rules with you :rolleyes::D but how about that: each team member plays with different nations on the same map. The points of the team members are summed up to determine a total score. That will be determining the winner of that round.
Thus any power differences between the nations are equalized because you just need to to do better than your competitor in the same spot in the other game.

Well, OF COURSE its me to discuss rules with you :rolleyes::D but how about that: each team member plays with different nations on the same map. The points of the team members are summed up to determine a total score. That will be determining the winner of that round.
Thus any power differences between the nations are equalized because you just need to to do better than your competitor in the same spot in the other game.

That's a different kind of tourney entirely. :ROFLMAO::D

Back