Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

CMHelper - Help - Orphaned Games

P

Pinchy

So seems like CMH is not that straight forwards to set-up. I have a game that I am currently playing through CMH and my oppo set up and its working fine.

However I have tried to set-up my own game with another oppo and it is not working. I have just learned (from previous threads) that you cannot use _ in the filenames - so that could be my problem. However I now have several "test" games in CMH and also the one that I set-up with my oppo (that didn't work) and I cannot delete them? All I have is Game Name : Waiting : 17394 days : 0 and the logo in other info. Everytime I try and end the game by right clicking and "End Game" the log just says nothing selected (even though it is). Has anyone any ideas how I can get rid of them. I tried to delete the persistence file from C:users/roaming/GAJ - this also made no difference? Dropbox is tidy of all files

Just to add - I have now set-up a game successfully using CMH (without using _ in the filename and works fine) - so is a bug with using _ but it would now be nice if I could tidy up CMH to get rid of these old "games"

If you set up the game, the easiest way to get CM Helper to work properly is to name the first game turn the same name as the Dropbox folder. For example, if you named the Dropbox folder Pinchy V MG, then you would want to name the first game file Pinchy V MG 001 .

However the above is not completely necessary, as you can open the CM Helper window, right click on the game, select Edit Game, then point CM Helper to the proper folder.

Clear as mud?

Yep - thanks MG - that's working fine now - but is there a way I can clear whats in CMH - see the attached screenshots of CMH. The last 2 games displayed - I cannot delete - as you can see what I try and delete - it says "nothing selected for deletion" even though I have right clicked and end game

Attachments

• Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 4
  • Capture3.JPG
    Capture3.JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 3
beauty :) - I had 2 files left in outgoing - as soon as I removed them - CMH no longer recognises the games and now its tidy - thanks very much :D

Back