Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

CMRT - DAR - Studienka - Allies

F

Fredrocker

Hello all... I very rarely do a DAR but I have wanted to play this big boy for a while (I normally dont play big scenarios either) and our new member Theo and I have cranked this up... I will try to express my thoughts on the battle (fighting, planning, etc) and also a critque of the map (which at first view is freakin awesome).... My opponent has said he will stay away from this thread.

The DAR should be interesting in that my opponent 'Theo' (Say hi to him at the new intro area) and I are from the thought of 'How does CM play out into a historical environment', I believe neither he nor I is interested in the final outcome but more of the in/outs of the battle and how well the designer has captured that within the CM environment... I am really looking forward to this and hopefully you all will too...

Sit back and enjoy....

Also I am getting use to a new video tool .. Adobe Premiere, so be patient...

Preface - Ok some really good instructions on what is going to happen.... I have 3 major objectives that apprarently get me some points Bagraton, Kamensky and Chichagov, all three being occupy...
turn0.jpg

there is some other areas on map identified as victory locations or fords/crossing points etc, and a massive exit zone on the far side of the map labelled 'Continuation for advance' This being a 3 hours scenario I have decided to take it slow... initial thoughts have produced the following....

turn1a.jpg

I havent placed my initial setup yet but I believe I will put a small force to my left to advance and take Chichagov and move through the fords and on to the exit... I looked over the map and decided that a head on assault, capturing Kamensky first, then Bagration and across the bridge towards the exit zone will be the best way to go.... I have a vast array of artillery to support my attack...

Again a quick overview.... I will take heed and study the map further before my final commitment... over and out for now...

Ok The final setup and first minute

I split my forces in 2 and then 3 for my left flank below and two for my right flank, second graphic.

Below I have 2 Tank Platoons with 2 Platoons of SMG riders in the lower right... They will advance on the first objective Chichagov , take it and hold it. In the center is just two T-34 (all my T-34s are the T-34-85 Model 1943) HQ for this side of the battlefield and a Gaz with a Spotter... The spotters with a Scout Team and the two jeeps located forward of the positions were locked in place and couldnt be changed during setup (I had these guys go to ground, I figure a three hour battle, better save the Arty for when he can play uncle...)

On the left is another Tank Platoon with a SMG Platoon that I will be sending to secure the bridge crossing (Hard to see just past the wood line) leading on to the Fords, All these units are on a EXIT Strategy but for now I want a few avenues secure so I can get them to the Continuation of advance....

turn1b.jpg

Now is this graphic I have my Main Spearhead and my reserve, As the arrow indicated the Main Spearhead will move on to Objective Kamensky and then forward to Objective Bagration... As the insert shows I am using a three wide, deep as I got advance for both the Advance on Chichagov and Kamensky...

turn1c.jpg

Here is where it gets interesting a review of the Victory Points shows:

• FORD 1 0 TOUCH
  • OBJ BAGRATION 500 OCCUPY
  • OBJ KAMENSKY 250 OCCUPY
  • OBJ CHICHAGOV 250 OCCUPY
  • OBK KAMENSKY 250 OCCUPY
  • CONT. OF ADVANCE EXIT (You score points for any unit that exits the map. Units that don’t exit count against you. To account for this you have a points bonus of 2250 points to account for any units who do not exit)
  • ENEMY UNITS 1000 DESTROY
  • FRIENDLY CASUALTIES 30% 1000 (NOTE you only get this bonus if you keep casualties down to 30% or less of total force)
Kinda makes me laugh, I am Chevy guys so when I saw the Ford was worth no points, I said to myself... figures)... But it looks like I will need to possibly leave a Platoon of SMG/INF in the four main Occupied areas which is 1250 points, 1000 pts for less than 30% on the Causality indicator could be tough ... Exit seems important and my question is HOW HARD DO I PUSH EARLY... maybe I can run3 or 4 platoons of T-34's right off the map edge if there is light resistance...

I am actually 4 minutes in we have had some contact with a PzII, but he ran off and hid... I have some vids I am getting ready for the next posting tomorrow...

Todays update... I highlighted the overview map with the area the vid is coming from... So Far So Good... minimal loses, will post an update of exact/detailed locations on map later or tomorrow... this is from turns 8-9 IIRC....

Oh well next turn, 5 minutes after posting previous vid... Que sera sera... damn Russkie Tanks... :)

ut oh 1.jpg

What ambushed you?
Havent seen it yet... right afterwards I got at least 3 light armor sound contacts, it sounded bigger then that though... its ok... my comrades are running up the hill and will weed it out... to be honest... if he had nailed me on the bridge... I should take pic and show, my advance would have been f..ked up going forward... at least thats what I would have planned but he got me coming out the valley of where the bridge is at, about 80m short or the first objective...

Life goes on, and I will kill dem all....

OUCH................ another update from the front... listen closely in the vid, pixeltruppen can be heard screaming 'We need a new f..kin General, this Fredrocker will get us all killed'

Update from the Front... Well since the last time we saw the battle things have gone bad (especially for my infantry), I am rushing to take VLs as the briefing says, but I have probably lost 50% of them due to their inability to determine they are being fired upon and I guess are afraid to jump off... I havent played too much with 'riders' but they act like they have doors preventing them from weathering the storm....

I need a little light humor....

And as you can see from the following vid, me not doing so well... I tell you Theo is really awesome at finding defensive positions....

Now all I can hope is my pixel truppen are alive and well in Africa or Mongolia or somefink place... :)

Edit: Opps I forgot Ray is awesome on the keyboards

Latest Update - I have lost far too many Troops for what I have achieved, I think I am good with Armor as I lost 3 T-34's but I have some sound contacts on 'Big Cats' on the other side of the map where my forward spotter is....

No... I haven't forgot about this DAR, just been on The Highway to Hell... and this battle is turning into some hell also... Here is the latest Vid... when watching, notice all the fine detail this map has... The Author did an incredible job...

Looks like this is dead @Theo has not sent a turn in 30 days... sorry guys, and just when it was getting good.... :(

Back