Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

CMSF Round#1 AAR

Adding a pause (press p 10 times) to the end of the last movement order helps a lot with this.
Unfortunately it never got onto the objective, I reversed it and then it was to move up but when it finished reversing it spotted something and kept reversing. To rub salt in the wounds sspoom was dropping mortars on the objective so I had the infantry that were on there mount up that LAV when it arrived for protection, so they ran off the objective and chased it down the hill...

Unfortunately it never got onto the objective, I reversed it and then it was to move up but when it finished reversing it spotted something and kept reversing. To rub salt in the wounds sspoom was dropping mortars on the objective so I had the infantry that were on there mount up that LAV when it arrived for protection, so they ran off the objective and chased it down the hill...
Use fast in combination with pause and this problem will not occur. Although new problems will come from not allowing the TAC-AI to intervene :D

I agree with you Aurelius.
When it is all said and done, the scores will be impacted mostly from what the American side player did.
The Syrians were in a rock and a hard place.

I saw a few syrian tanks manage to get targets and fire and get a few kills, but in general they were better off hiding.

I Think for the Syrians the best approach was to rush forward, get behind the recesse areas of the berms, have supporting infantry nearby and force the Americans to come and try to dig you out of your locations if they wanted to.
Yep you nailed it. I did exactly that. I had to use natural burns and gullies to run to up to. I had no idea how accurate those javelins were until they started hitting me. Got lucky with a few kills with my tanks but realized all I could do was hide and ward off.....if battle went longer, I would likely have lost all. Crazy

In my game (as the Marines) against @jheinrichk I followed the briefing, aggressively moving to both the hold and touch objectives, and setting up a defense once there.

My opponent sent some BTRs to recon on both flanks. These were engaged by my LAV-25s that had arrived on each flank. His recon units took some minor losses and back off to safer positions. He followed that with a two-pronged assault on my left with one group turning towards the center and coming up the left side of the left objective hill. The other group attempted to swing around to the back of that hill. Both groups were stopped dead, suffering total losses, with virtually no loss to my Marines. He made a second small push on my right flank, and managed to sneak an RPG team into a position to take out one LAV-25 and got two tanks into the Wadi with the two remaining LAV-25s that were located there. This got him another kill, but that is as far as they got. A LAV-25 platoon located in hull down positions on the right-center objective fired into the wadi, causing both tanks to retreat, and later killing one of them.

I kept a platoon in reserve. With 5 minutes left I decided to swing them around to the left of the left-center objective hill, while the platoon initially sent to secure that objective went over the top from it's hull down positions. The first LAV to crest the hill took a kill shot from one of three tanks he still had remaining on the top of the hill on the back left of the map. With that, I backed off not wanting to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. I spent the last few turns trying to get spots on those remaining tanks, but was not successful, and the game ended.

From the earlier AARs, it appears a successful attack into the Syrian rear was needed to get one of the better scores. Congrats to those players who accomplished that!

The USMC mortar carriers were rather confusing for me. Both the vehicles and the crew showed up seperate in the indirect tab. They both had mortar ammo load which, which worked together in unclear ways as in the ammo didn't seem to be shared when the mortar teams were deployed outside the vehicle.

Finally, the mortar team wasn't able to directfire from the carrier. Maybe the carrier itself could do that?

Back