Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

CMSF2 Demo Released and Update on Release of CMSF2

Ithikial

FGM 2ND IN COMMAND
Staff member
Reaction score
For those that don't often visit the Battlefront Website/Forums.

Demo Released
http://community.battlefront.com/topic/133389-cmsf2-demos-released/

CMSF2 Main Release Update
http://community.battlefront.com/topic/133390-cmsf2-release-update/
Interesting they are holding off on releasing four of the campaigns (British and 3x NATO) until after the main product release. (Assume via a patch). Still plenty to shoot before then though with all the individual scenarios, US Army and US Marine campaigns.

The Marine amphibious beach landing makes a huge amount of sense now - that's great.

Drones! Precision rounds! etc.

Best part of that announcement for me is the following update:

6 hours ago, Jace11 said:
Is it my imagination or is the AI behaviour under HE fixed in this demo?​
================================================​
2 hours ago, Battlefront.com said:
<snipped>​
Yep, it's all fixed. We used CMSF2 and CMFI (which is in testing for Rome to Victory Module) as test beds to address the sheltering problems. Took quite a while to get a thumbs up from the testers. And before anybody asks, we're getting the Engine 4 patches ready.
<snipped​
Steve​

So I have CMSF and updated that title until they started charging for the updates and never bought any of the add-ons. What does the upgrade path to CMSF2 look like from this perspective?

No idea about specific pricing (whether upgrading the core will be different from the core+modules), or whether that $35 will hold (although it probably will).

The upgrade *path*, however, will be the same as the other recent CM games - a single download with everything in it, and keys to unlock certain modules.

A release is nearing! :2charge:

As @Ithikial wrote, "For those that don't often visit the Battlefront Website/Forums. " here is what I just found about the release date of CMSF 2 when visiting the BFF:

Steve from BF wrote:

"Crunch time sucks under any and all circumstances. Crunch time right before major Holidays sucks 10x worse. Even though we don't have corporate masters forcing us to work 100 hour weeks without extra pay, it's still not ideal
default_wink.png

We've been in the annoying phase of "drip drip" issues that nix a possible release candidate. In a normal corporate setting nobody goes home until all of those things are fixed. For us, we have to accept the fact that we don't have an office and slave labor at our beck and call (sorry, "valued salaried employees" I think is the proper term for games industry workers!). If we did try to pull crap like 24 hour work days (something I do NOT miss AT ALL) we'd never get a game done because everybody would tell us to go screw ourselves. Er, including me!

The good news is we've been in this final detail mode for a few weeks now. It usually doesn't last longer than that, even for us. Take that as a sign that a release is nearing.

Steve "

Here is the link: http://community.battlefront.com/to...e-update/?page=4&tab=comments#comment-1768901

it is on page 4.

Back