CMx1 Planned Tournaments and Campaigns

Sempai

FGM Major
Hello together!

My next stand alone formats as I have planned them:

2015 (Summer) DONE!
- CMBB Mirror Tournament (An all is mirrored (terrain, units, troops) single battle) - 1200m x 1200m map, about Battalion (-) size plus heavier units

2015/2016 (JFT - JACK FROST TOURNAMENT - November to February) DONE!
- Ardennes- or Battle-at-the-Bulge-Tournament (3 or 4 scenarios with different ways of battle - for example given units, QB with free choice, a mix of both, QB with only free purchase but setting the troops is done by the TM etc.) - it has to get a bit overthought yet; each battle about company size with a few heavier units; in average 800m x 800m maps

2016 (June to December) TEST PHASE
- FFTv3 (this time it should start in summer and finish to the year´s end) - as always small scenarios about 400m x 400m until 640m x 640m maximum with given units and troops

2016 or 2017 (That has to get decided yet) 2016 in Progress
- Four-Seasons-Campaign (as the name says 4 (taller) battles - each one in every quartal and fitting the season) - 2000m x 2000m maps, Battalion size or taller with heavier units
- Broken up into two parts - second part starts in 2017

That´s all for now! And of course only if we/I get the permission from Bootie.

Greetings :)

Campaigns I think about to create:
- WEST CAMPAIGN (Wehrmacht´s campaign in 1940 to conquer France)
- BOCAGE CAMPAIGN (Allies´ Campaign just after the landing at the Normandy)
- SEALION CAMPAIGN
- MARKET GARDEN CAMPAIGN
- FINAL BLOW CAMPAIGN (Battle(s) for Germany)
- GD Campaign
- DDAY-Campaign (prelude of the BOCAGE Campaign but independent to that)
- KURSK Campaign (main focus on tank battles)
- BATTLE FOR MOSCOW
- STALINGRAD / KHARKOV
- FINNISH WINTER WAR
- RUSSIAN JAPANESE WAR (Italians at CMBB as Japanese)

to be continued

Last edited:

Unteroffizier Braun

FGM New Member
If you are considering a GD campaign I would recommend consideration of the following scenarios;
Infanterie Regiment; GD in France 1940 (Crossing the Maas River)
Infantrie (motorized) Regiment; GD in Russia 1941 (Tula - Offensive or Defensive Action)
Infantrie (motorized) Division GD; in Russia 1942 (Rzhev - Defensive Action) or (Voronenzh Bridge - Offensive Action)
PanzerGrenadier Division GD; in Russia 1943 (Belograd/Kursk - Offensive or Defensive Action)
PanzerGrenadier Division GD; in Romania 1944 (Targul Frumos - Defensive Action)
PanzerGrenadier Division GD; in Lithuania 1945 (Memel - last ditch delaying action)

I can help with the settings and the historical backgrounds including GD's table of organization for each year.

Sempai

FGM Major
@all: If You want a specific campaign or tournament post here! I will check that and think if I can build it in CMx1. But You should try to post or send me links, pictures, info concerning Your ideas! That would make my work a bit easier.

Unteroffizier Braun

FGM New Member
I did offer help and still want to provide the background information and tables of organization for a potential five year ('40 - '45) GD campaign tournament. But I am socked in with work for the next couple of weeks. Thank you for the kind reminder.

Best Regards,
Uffz. Braun

Sempai

FGM Major
I started work on the SEALION CAMPAIGN. So far 6 scenarios are planned for the 1941´s edition. A 1943´s edition will follow if possible. I´m still pondering if it should be a "static" variant (You just have to play through the scenarios - no matter if victorious or not) or if one has to re-fight scenarios (only with reverse or changed setups and zones) if beaten in a former battle. The thought scenarios are as follows:

1.) Landing from sea (SPWs show armed prams and Pz-IIIs and IVs what pop up on shallow coast area show Tauchpanzers)
2.) Coastal Bridgehead (Just landed german troops have to repel a british counter attack and to hinder to get chased into the sea)
3.) Airborne Landing (german Fallschirmjägers attack a british airfield)
4.) Attack on Village (german forces meet the british Home Guard)
5.) River Crossing (german forces pursue remains of the Home Guard over a river - retreat battle)
6.) Assault on London (Encirclement of british mixed forces in a town)

Maybe that changes yet but I think it a working series. Maps are about 800m x 800m. Turn number about 30 turns maximum. The same will count for the 1943´s variant what turn number and map seize concerns. The scenarios aren´t certain yet. Currently I tend to the following:

1.) Combined sea and air landing
2.) ME or Ambush by Brits
3.) Attack on small town
4.) Assault on taller town
5.) British counter attack
6.) Final Battle for England

Maybe someone of You have ideas or wishes what could get implemented yet. Let me know and I´ll think about it. If possible and fitting I´ll build it in.

Last edited: