Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

CMx2 v4.0 Tank rider question

Badger73

One of the Few
FGM MEMBER
I'm running CMx2 v4.00 and regularly encounter unexpected results mounting tanks in CMBN and CMFB. What have all ya'll observed?

Some examples:
  • CMBN - Older (pre-v4.00 scenario's and campaigns) do not allow US infantry to mount and ride tanks.
  • CMFB - US tank crews "mount" abandoned tanks but do not re-crew them. They just sit on the exterior hull.
Thank you.

If I understand your question, CMBN has never allowed tank riders unfortunately.

In CMFB the tank crew assigned to that tank will re-crew it unless the tank is destroyed. Maybe you have the wrong crew?

If I understand your question, CMBN has never allowed tank riders unfortunately.
Ah, okay. I thought v4.00 enabled that capability in CMBN and CMFI. Thanks for clarifying that it did not.

In CMFB the tank crew assigned to that tank will re-crew it unless the tank is destroyed. Maybe you have the wrong crew?
I tried with a crew different than the original. The tank in question (#1) took a hit which killed three of it's crew before the remaining two abandoned it and panicked away.
I had another crew of four survivors from a different destroyed tank (#2) who had regained "Cautious" status. My intent was to re-crew abandoned Tank #1 with Crew #2 so that it could rejoin the fight. Crew #2 mounted Tank #1 but sat on the outside rear deck instead of entering inside the fighting compartment.
If I understand correctly then, a tank can only manned or re-manned by its original crew; correct? What rules apply to other vehicles?

@Badger73 correct tanks (Armor) can only be driven by there original crews. Same with trucks. Jeeps on the other hand are pretty user friendly. I think as long as there are enough open seats in a US jeep any US team can drive it. US halftracks can swap crews. Not sure about Germans.

There is a partial exception for trucks during Setup you can switch crews but if they become dismounted during the mission they can only re-mount their original truck that the player took them out of during Setup.

Last edited:
Back