Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Cross of Iron - Updates and thoughts

This narrative campaign series is just about to reach scenario/mission #10 and been running since 1 July last year.

Been thinking as to how far to take this ... 5 of the original 6 Kampfgruppen remain in action with different play/turn rates meaning that the fastest Kampfgruppe is naerly at the end of Mission #9 and the slowest two still at Mission #5.

I was hoping for a bit more interactivity from the players in terms of AAR/screenshot etc activity ... but all in all the concept has worked out pretty well.

I am thinking of wrapping this up at around Mission 12 ... the last three will all be fought on more or less the same area/map.

Certainly has been a fun challenge for me in getting creative with scenario design... hope the participants have been enjoying the experience as well.

I've been having a grand time with this campaign! I enjoy both the immersion of being in battle (and fighting to keep one's self alive :D) But the challenge as well. These scenario's offer an excellent challenge! Would you consider bundling the missions up into an actual CMRT campaign?

I've been having a grand time with this campaign! I enjoy both the immersion of being in battle (and fighting to keep one's self alive :D) But the challenge as well. These scenario's offer an excellent challenge! Would you consider bundling the missions up into an actual CMRT campaign?

Glad you're enjoying it ... not sure how I could build it into a campaign ... a lot of how the battles are run are dependent on my flexibility as opponent and scenario builder, which I have no idea how to work into an AI opponent.

The campaign has been great rico. Sorry I haven't put up some more photos and got round to some more aar reporting. I will try to do so from now on!

@Rico and all the Kampfgruppe commanders. I just started reading your exploits from mission 1 and plan to follow along at my leisure reading your war diaries till the end. Just wanted to commend Rico and those who participated on all their work so that I guy like can sit back and enjoy a good AAR.

Nicely done.....it'll probably take me a few months to go through all this stuff. :D

I'll be sure to add plenty more photo's and action shots to my campaign, we'll see if KG GS can survive!

Back