Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Cyprus Invasion 1974

C

Cargol

Knocked out Turkish M47
bfcd8963.jpg

Captured Turkish M47
2.jpg

ELDYK Attacks
1-1.jpg

Greek Cypriots National Guards captured by the Turks in 1974.The were listed as MIA since then.
That was till 2010 when their remains were found in a well as The Mongols executed them few hours after this pic was taken.Till today more than 1000 Greeks (mainly civilians)are still missing.

3.jpg

Greece and Turkey both are NATO members. It is a strange situation.

I'm not trying to be the voice of reason or anything like that, and I don't mean to make things right wjich are not, but things like this do happen in every war, don't they ? "Even" the military of western countries do commit warcrimes, don't they ? They're no saints either.

Throughout all of history countries have pitted themselves against each other in terrible, bloody wars.
After the war is over, it seems it's just a matter of time before they become friends and allies.

What makes me wonder is why although there is a UN resolution that calls the Turks to leave Cyprus as they have occupied a sovereign state for 37 years nothing had happened and nobody seems to care.Maybe things were better if Cyprus had oilfields and BP was the main company that was exploiting this wealth.

Greece and Turkey both are NATO members. It is a strange situation.

I'm not trying to be the voice of reason or anything like that, and I don't mean to make things right wjich are not, but things like this do happen in every war, don't they ? "Even" the military of western countries do commit warcrimes, don't they ? They're no saints either.
Yeah it is normal in every war attrocities to happen but it is another thing when this attrocities are well planned from above and are made in a large scale from regular troops,then it is called ethnic cleansing but maybe this term is being used only for Muslims or Albanians to any other is simply called an unfortunate event that happened in the event of a war.
Some intersting pics will follow

Broken_Cross_on_floor_420_bg.jpg

It seems that even the dead were concidered by the Turks as a threat
cyprus_1974_cemetery.jpg

A priest is being held hostage and transported to Turkey, maybe he was a weapon expert.
priest_arrest_600_bg.jpg

I do not say so English press is saying it .
sun.jpg

What makes me wonder is why although there is a UN resolution that calls the Turks to leave Cyprus as they have occupied a sovereign state for 37 years nothing had happened and nobody seems to care.Maybe things were better if Cyprus had oilfields and BP was the main company that was exploiting this wealth.

You hit the nail right on the head! Israel has violated something like 50 UN resolutions in its brief existence and not a word is spoken of it in the West, yet violations of UN resolutions by Iraq are given as a reason for war. The UN is a farce, it is nothing more than the police force of the military/industrial complex that pervades the US and Western Europe.

Yeah but it seems that Israel is enjoying a kind of immunity and nobody dares even to speak against them,maybe because their lobbies are too strong and they keep financing goverments and politicians.

Yeah but it seems that Israel is enjoying a kind of immunity and nobody dares even to speak against them

Rightly so. All stupid resolutions. As ACSpectre mentioned, the UN is a farce !

I know there is a lot of hate between the Greeks and the Turks. I guess that is one of the major reasons for the atrocities that were being committed on Cyprus. There is of course a history within Turkey of ethnic cleansing i/e genocide.

Destroyed Greek Cypriot T34s/85 during the first stage of Turkish Invasion.

n666169200_507626_40701.jpg

untitled-5.jpg

The remains of a shot down Turkish F100.
During the Invasion some 30 Turkish Planes of varius types were shot down by the Cypriot A/A Defense although the main A/A Weapons were obsolete for the period /A Guns and Machineguns.
media_692_3.jpg

A destroyed Turkish M47 is being inspected by turkish soldiers.
pic 1.jpg

Turkish helmet with a hole probably created by artillery fragment.
pic 2.jpg

Back