Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Day 1 Dawn Battles Ready to Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ithikial

FGM 2ND IN COMMAND
Staff member
Reaction score
Everybody after about the equivalent of about three days on and off over the last week the battles are ready for the first campaign turn. The only exception is the North battle which is 99% done, just awaiting a little bit of input from @Dutch Grenadier when he is back on board from his vacation.

When you open up the scenario and start a PBEM please use a master password which I will set in each of you HQ's so your team mates can jump in ASAP in case real life issues crop up. The GM does not need to be part of a Dropbox where the PBEM files are exchanged. When a battle is done please place the last file in the the HQ folder so I can access it.

You will notice your forces placed out on a checkerboard like deployment zone. The forces can be moved around during deployment as long as they remain in the same square. These squares are the equivalent of a campaign map square and this is to ensure your initial deployments match your campaign map setup. Axis - the Center and South battles are a little different so you can place your fortifications as needed, but you'll see some distinct borders where your forces aren't allowed to cross for deployment.

There will also be a few things you don't expect as you play through the game. Some of your orders simply didn't work out, ie reinforcements not making it to a battlefield due to other engagements occupying their travel path. I've double checked all files prior to giving them the thumbs up on my end.

There's definitely a few improvements that would speed along the battle creation process for future turns that I will implement from next turn onwards but for the moment... enjoy! (And for the FGM community at large, we want some screenshots/videos). :D

@Odin , @Strachwitz , @Dutch Grenadier , @DasTiger , @PhilM , @nathangun - please reply to indicate you've ready this post. Cheers

And I forgot. The Axis forces will have the file to start with and get the battles rolling. Guys check your dropbox folder.

Axis commanders I'll let you know who you are fighting in the respective thread once it's all confirmed on both sides.

@Ithikial awesome news thanks for your hard work. Really looking forward to getting this started. Would it be alright for me to start an axis thread showing strategy, screen shots and deployments etc. I will also try to produce a video to post once my battle has ended. I would only ask that Soviet players don't go sneaking a peak at the thread ;)

PS I'm the German player fighting the battle in the centre of the map. Who am I up against? I'll open a dropbox folder and send a share. There is also no password set in the HQ thread. @Ithikial, do you want to PM me a password or put one in a word doc in the HQ folder? Cheers

Probably Strachwitz and in the Axis HQ look at the stickied thread at the top of the topic list for the master password.

And yes definitely start a thread for the community to see the battle. Believe Strachwitz has the same idea for the Soviet side.

Everybody after about the equivalent of about three days on and off over the last week the battles are ready for the first campaign turn. The only exception is the North battle which is 99% done, just awaiting a little bit of input from @Dutch Grenadier when he is back on board from his vacation.

When you open up the scenario and start a PBEM please use a master password which I will set in each of you HQ's so your team mates can jump in ASAP in case real life issues crop up. The GM does not need to be part of a Dropbox where the PBEM files are exchanged. When a battle is done please place the last file in the the HQ folder so I can access it.

You will notice your forces placed out on a checkerboard like deployment zone. The forces can be moved around during deployment as long as they remain in the same square. These squares are the equivalent of a campaign map square and this is to ensure your initial deployments match your campaign map setup. Axis - the Center and South battles are a little different so you can place your fortifications as needed, but you'll see some distinct borders where your forces aren't allowed to cross for deployment.

There will also be a few things you don't expect as you play through the game. Some of your orders simply didn't work out, ie reinforcements not making it to a battlefield due to other engagements occupying their travel path. I've double checked all files prior to giving them the thumbs up on my end.

There's definitely a few improvements that would speed along the battle creation process for future turns that I will implement from next turn onwards but for the moment... enjoy! (And for the FGM community at large, we want some screenshots/videos). :D

@Odin , @Strachwitz , @Dutch Grenadier , @DasTiger , @PhilM , @nathangun - please reply to indicate you've ready this post. Cheers

Post seen, thanks.

I have the file and will wait for my opponents name so I can commence shooting at him. Thanks for ALL the hard work again.

I read the post and can't wait to begin the game! My time is linted today (like the 2 days before) and will just answer short in the most important threads. More tomorrow.

@Dutch Grenadier
When do you think you'll have your set-up done ?

I don't mean to rush you or anything, I'll need a few days as well to do mine. ;)

Sorry @nathangun but this was like one of the worst timing to get started. First my vacation and then my birthday mixed with the nightshifts. But I'm free till Thursday and will finnaly get things going this evening.

Working on my setup but I seem to be missing some fortifications. So we will have to wait untill @Ithikial have fixed them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back