Dear Bootie and Staff!

Sempai

FGM Major
In the foreseeable future I´ll try to order and redo the Military Marches and Songs section a bit - at least if possible. Depends a bit of the "order system" I thought about. It´s nothing spectacular - only using a pool (newly ordered) and the "insert-link/code" function of the FGM site. During my forced absence from FGM I was engaged in marching songs again. I found out a bit about misuse or even deliberately false naming of titles and some other points what would need a clarification. That will be a longer time task and I´m not sure it can get finished at all (if I remember all the professional sites what are engaged in that topic and exist since decades without having finished the work).

Possibly I would further set a thread "Old Music" or similar (the title I have to think about yet) where one could find non-military music of the concerning time. For example I busied myself a bit with the song "Lili Marleen" and was surprised to learn that there were different meanings about how that song was to interpret what the music concerns. So Lale Anderson sang it the military marching way (even though she don´t like it if I remember right) what made it a marching song and Marlene Dietrich sang it in a more sensitive way (maybe it was Marlene who didn´t want to sing the song in marching style - I have to look that up again) what made it a more civilian song. In every case there are many more songs one could name as "Heimatlieder" (Homeland Songs) or similar. They weren´t part of military as marching songs but they were part of the homeland and in that function known as well by Landsers, GIs and so on. Means civil music of the respective time. I hope that finds Your approval, Bootie/Staff!

Greetings

Sempai

FGM Major
A further question: Is there a way I can split a part of a post into two columns? Such way as one can see in old books or in newspapers? Would make the posts more clear - especially concerning the Library/Pool of the songs.

Greetings