FGM OWNER
ADMIN
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
greershane@gmail.com
Congratulations to DellieJonut who is our 2015 Ladder champion who beats Richtig into 2nd place (its the 2nd time Richtig has been the runner up). Thanks to all those who took part. Also please keep an eye on this thread as Ithikial will be taking a look into some other aspects of the ladders that are monitored in the back rooms and rolled out for your perusal at the end of each years ladder conclusion.

Snap 2016-01-19 at 09.jpg

Ithikial

FGM 2ND IN COMMAND
ADMIN
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
Usually plays single player.
Thanks Bootie. (And apologies in advance I don't have an artistic bone in my body).

First surprise for this year is we also have ladders for each of the CMx2 games!

Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy
As you can see our ladder winner @DellieJonut sort of favours this one game. ;)

Combat Mission: Fortress Italy
Good to see this title start getting some love in 2015.

Combat Mission: Red Thunder
Poor @Hedgehog. Wins two of the individual game ladders but it wasn't enough. :D

Combat Mission: The Modern Era
Given the reduced number of games being played in the modern titles, this is a merged result from Shock Force, Afghanistan and Black Sea. Our illustrious leader @Bootie takes the prize.

Last edited:

Ithikial

FGM 2ND IN COMMAND
ADMIN
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
Who's playing what?

In 2015 it was a pretty even split across all games. Our members like scenarios and quick battles for multiplayer.

And most of us mix it up a little across more than one family of CMx2 titles. However, CMBN is still the preferred title.

We really like CMBN, however it fell away a bit towards the end of the year with CMRT and CMFI taking over. (The January 2016 results are 'so far' for this month and have no bearing on the 2015 ladder. I'm just too lazy to edit the graph :D ).

Ithikial

FGM 2ND IN COMMAND
ADMIN
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
Where do the best Combat Mission Generals come from? (Note: Overall result since the start of this iteration of the FGM ladder).

The above values are also using the rules proposed for the ladder in 2016, as detailed around Christmas. :)

And finally, I give you the FGM WW2 timeline as it currently looks like. (Note: Overall result since the start of this iteration of the FGM ladder).

Ithikial

FGM 2ND IN COMMAND
ADMIN
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
Where Are We Going From Here?

Now that we have a good 18 months of battle results we can start having some fun with the data as the above charts demonstrate. When I took over running the ladder and became Bootie's 'Cmdr Riker' for this site, I wanted to not only generate a basic ladder for competition purposes but also have it as a recorded database of FGM membership's gaming prowess - not to mention a planning tool to help inform Bootie and those interesting in running campaigns some details about where they can get the most bang for their buck.

Over 2016 I hope to:
- Be CMFB ready. (Done!)
- Have a working auto updated record system of what games each member owns based on their submissions to the ladder. You play a game and record the result, we know about it and have it on file to help us plan events. (Big brother is watching ;) )
- With the release of CMFB around the corner, plus CMFI and CMRT modules pushing the CMx2 series into 1945, I'm starting to think about having true WW2 late war vs mid war ladders.
- Why I've been annoying about getting you lot to record the dates of the battles you fight! :D
- Generate an interactive tool that is embedded into the FGM website that allows users to view an individual members ladder history. Should be a handy tool for members to find other players similar in skill level to challenge. <-- Need to talk to Bootie about this one. :)

So please in the meantime play more ladder games and get them logged. The more games you enter the more we can do as a club on this front. :) See you all in CMFB.

Ithikial

FGM 2ND IN COMMAND
ADMIN
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
@Ithikial ......Lot of work there mate....Well done Sir
You do the hard yards and design it correctly from the start it gets easier down the road. This whole system is highly automated behind the scenes. Knew the winner and had the charts ready to go 5 minutes after midnight on Jan 1. ;) (Well so to speak)